Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Preparation for the drop :)

Preparation for the drop :)

Old Dec 13th 2017, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Preparation for the drop :)

Three years on the container and I are still here. The logistical chain in a bit weak but we are managing

The Beginning « Bright-Work
Old Dec 14th 2017, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Preparation for the drop :)

WOW Black Beardie.. You have been busy.. Have you been watching Kevin McClouds programmes on building your own home? There was a great one about a guy in (think Ireland ?) Who built his out of two containers..Another of a young couple who built on the guys parents farm. My ED has built a Tiny House on a six wheeler Truck trailer.

wish you well on this project..
Old Dec 14th 2017, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I recently bought a second container from a place in Sines; pulled it off the transport truck with my tractor, and dragged it over the road into my yard.
Burned tar based roofing to the top for corrosion protection; I rolled it onto it's side to treat the bottom but actually it looked good so I just cleaned it and rolled it back.
I put a small door in the side as the big doors are a bother to open and close.
I'll be painting it in and outside, and adding internal lights.
It's just a store room.
I had to dig a 60 meter long, 1 meter deep trench for the electric cable. Solar panels are nice but I don't like batteries, so I ran a 220V line.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
WOW Black Beardie.. You have been busy.. Have you been watching Kevin McClouds programmes on building your own home? There was a great one about a guy in (think Ireland ?) Who built his out of two containers..Another of a young couple who built on the guys parents farm. My ED has built a Tiny House on a six wheeler Truck trailer.

wish you well on this project..
Thanks Geni B. I used to watch his programs when I was in the UK. Yes, you get a lot of great self build ideas watching those.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I recently bought a second container from a place in Sines; pulled it off the transport truck with my tractor, and dragged it over the road into my yard.
Burned tar based roofing to the top for corrosion protection; I rolled it onto it's side to treat the bottom but actually it looked good so I just cleaned it and rolled it back.
I put a small door in the side as the big doors are a bother to open and close.
I'll be painting it in and outside, and adding internal lights.
It's just a store room.
I had to dig a 60 meter long, 1 meter deep trench for the electric cable. Solar panels are nice but I don't like batteries, so I ran a 220V line.
Hi liveaboard, I hope you are well Yes, they are ideal for storage. I will probably use mine for just occasional accommodation.
Old Dec 15th 2017, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

It's tough with the building regulations, or I would have built a shed.
I seem to have gotten away with an RV shelter I made last year, but I don't want to push my luck!