Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Just moved to Faro

Just moved to Faro

Old Oct 6th 2013, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

akers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just moved to Faro

Hi there. My partner and I have just moved to Faro City centre and wondered if there are any other English speaking ex pats living here that fancy meeting up. We love walking, jazz and blues, playing guitar, tennis (does anyone know where you can play tennis here?) and just meeting new people.Would be great to hear from you.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:47 pm
House sitting in Portugal

s5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nices5tuart is just really nice
Default Re: Just moved to Faro

I'll be in Gorjoes at the end of October, until mid December. May bring my Strat with me if there's room in the SL once I've finished packing. Don't know much about Faro but would love some company to explore the music scene even though I'm a senior in everything except outlook!
PM me for contact details if you want. You'd be welcome to visit me too...maybe a curry one night?
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Hi So sorry not replied to your message. We have not been able to get internet and have just found a library where we can use it. There is not much time left till mid December now but very happy to meet up. We don't have a car here but if you can get to Faro we could meet for a coffee. Take care and apologies again John and Andrea
Old Nov 26th 2013, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Porto Fino Club near Hotel Faro have some good live musicians on a Saturday night.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

roadislandred is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I live in Tavira, but have a yacht in Faro. So I am sometimes there. In fact I am going this Friday to an astronomy night, with my sister and two nieces. If you want to come as well, let me know and we can meet up for a coffee before it starts, which is 9.30pm. It is held in the science place on the front near the marina, where the small boats are. Hope to see you there.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

Tennis...sure there's something closer to Faro BUT one definite is a train to Conceicao (just past Tavira - 35 mins) come off train, turn right at level crossing, walk for 5 mins, then find Pedras de Rainha tourist resort on your right - 4 good quality courts at around €4 per hour.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Join the AFPOP association Akers…you will soon meet people from your area
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mike
Porto Fino Club near Hotel Faro have some good live musicians on a Saturday night.
Thanks for that - did have a look round there but not seen it so far. Is it on the same side as Hotel Faro or by the harbour?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newintavira
Tennis...sure there's something closer to Faro BUT one definite is a train to Conceicao (just past Tavira - 35 mins) come off train, turn right at level crossing, walk for 5 mins, then find Pedras de Rainha tourist resort on your right - 4 good quality courts at around €4 per hour.
Great thanks will try that. Have found a local one too but limited opening hours.
Thanks again
Old Nov 28th 2013, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by akers
Thanks for that - did have a look round there but not seen it so far. Is it on the same side as Hotel Faro or by the harbour?
As you stand with the marina behind you there is a road to the left of the hotel. Up there. 100 meters or so.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mike
As you stand with the marina behind you there is a road to the left of the hotel. Up there. 100 meters or so.
Thanks found it and will try it out this Saturday