Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Isolation following contact with covid sufferer

Isolation following contact with covid sufferer

Old Oct 19th 2021, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Isolation following contact with covid sufferer

Sorry to start another covid thread but I can't find the answer here or at the usual sources online.

Earlier this year the law was that if you tested positive you had to isolate, there was also the law that if you were in close contact (ie household member) tested positive you still had to isolate for a set period (7/10/14 days can't remember which).

Could anybody tell me the current situation and if possible an online reference as to whether you have to still isolate if a family member/household has just tested positive?

Thanks as always
Old Oct 19th 2021, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Isolation following contact with covid sufferer

Originally Posted by Pilotabroad
Sorry to start another covid thread but I can't find the answer here or at the usual sources online.

Earlier this year the law was that if you tested positive you had to isolate, there was also the law that if you were in close contact (ie household member) tested positive you still had to isolate for a set period (7/10/14 days can't remember which).

Could anybody tell me the current situation and if possible an online reference as to whether you have to still isolate if a family member/household has just tested positive?

Thanks as always
If you both have the StayAwayCovid App then you should be pinged/advised automatically. If not then I'd suggest phoning SNS for advice, per details here: https://www.safecommunitiesportugal....nfirmed-cases/
Old Oct 20th 2021, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Alan, it's really a written rule I'm trying to find. I seem to remember it was on the DGS site or similar
Old Oct 20th 2021, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Alan, it's really a written rule I'm trying to find. I seem to remember it was on the DGS site or similar
It became more situation dependent now I think, which is sensible but also a little more confusing. This might help: https://www.theportugalnews.com/news...-updated/62733
Old Oct 20th 2021, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Haha great minds etc.... I found that article also but sadly its not being accepted as "official" by the company I work for.
Old Oct 20th 2021, 1:22 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

NORMA COVID-19: Rastreio de Contactos ATUALIZAÇÃO: 01/10/2021
Old Oct 20th 2021, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Eric Sir you're a genius as always, my thanks.

Can't read a word of it but I'm certain my company can't either só I'll throw it over to them haha
Old Oct 20th 2021, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric Sir you're a genius as always, my thanks.

Can't read a word of it but I'm certain my company can't either só I'll throw it over to them haha
Ah, I love that. "You demand the official text? OK, here it is, good luck"
Old Oct 20th 2021, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan PT
Ah, I love that. "You demand the official text? OK, here it is, good luck"