Reload this Page >

inland cafes with a view

Wikiposts

inland cafes with a view

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:53 am
Just Joined

jbeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default inland cafes with a view

Hi. I am coming over to Tavira again in September. We have some friends with us who i was going to take upto Mesa de Cume for lunch or a drink as the view fab. I had an email to say they have closed because of the fires, which is such a shame for them. Is there anywhere else you could suggest?
Also places for a light lunch when we go for a trip out as we don't always want a cooked lunch when we eat out in town in the evenng.
Many thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 8:39 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: inland cafes with a view

Try the Cantinho da Serra. Lunch time is the best time to go as the views are fantastic then.
Leave Tavira from the sail roundabout as if heading for the motorway. When you get to the roundabout just before the motorway take the third exit (N270) towards Sao Bras. Just after Santa Katarina take a right turn towards Porto Carvalhoso. Carry on through PC and you'll find the Cantinho on your right. I think it's about 3 km from PC.

I think they close on Wednesdays.

Oh, by the way, this road carries on to the Mesa de Cume and thence into Tavira if you want to take a picturesque round tour.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 5:06 am
Just Joined

jbeth is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds good. Is there anything you recommend on the menu? We enjoy rustic portuguese food. We had some fantastic suckling pig in Monsaraz when we visited the Alentejo.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 7:12 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jbeth
That sounds good. Is there anything you recommend on the menu? We enjoy rustic portuguese food. We had some fantastic suckling pig in Monsaraz when we visited the Alentejo.
I can definitely recommend the wild boar stew but then that's a full meal. Can't remember what they have on the menu in the snack line as it's a while since we went there. Like you, we eat our main meal in the evening but when we've been to the Cantinho it has been for an outing so we usually go the whole hog (pardon the pun). Good luck.