Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

information re- driving licence and nhr needed

information re- driving licence and nhr needed

Old Apr 11th 2021, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: information re- driving licence and nhr needed

Originally Posted by Lelandy
I think you're mixing things up a bit Pistolpete2? One of the permitted reasons for leaving quarantine in the UK is to leave the country, so the OP could fly back, collect his licence, and return as soon as he likes:

General exceptions

Exceptions from remaining at your place of self-isolation include where:
I know that this bit was off topic for this particular thread BUT does anybody know whether, under the 10 day Quarantine Rules for non red list countries arriving in the UK, you are still effectively permitted upon arrival in the UK to either move from one airport to another immediately upon arrival to then depart onwards or where not checked with bags through from point of origin to a country beyond the UK, enter the UK briefly only to immediately turn around and check in for an outgoing flight from the UK. I've gone through the updates for (from 15th February 2021 rules onwards):

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-q...ive-in-england

and there is nothing that specifically addresses transiting the UK other than, apparently, as regards the need for visas where crossing the border rather than transiting airside.

The bit that now confuses me is whether there is an expectation that one would have been tested somehow while 'in quarantine' if there (in effect actually just transiting the airport) for less than the normally required 10 days.

I will of course have my PCR test in hand dated as tested less than 72 hours prior to check-in for my transatlantic.

The stakes are now far too high, to get this one wrong.

thx!

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Apr 11th 2021 at 6:05 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Still the same situation as its never changed, nor unlikely too.
Quarantine has to be completed only if you want to stay in the UK, you are allowed to leave the UK and quarantine as soon as you wish.
Though I would give yourself more than the usual 2hrs in-between flights as a lot of the border control staff and gate staff are still confused so try to find superiors willing to take responsibility for any decision.
Old May 13th 2021, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilotabroad
Still the same situation as its never changed, nor unlikely too.
Quarantine has to be completed only if you want to stay in the UK, you are allowed to leave the UK and quarantine as soon as you wish.
Though I would give yourself more than the usual 2hrs in-between flights as a lot of the border control staff and gate staff are still confused so try to find superiors willing to take responsibility for any decision.
So on the Passenger Locator Form actual data loading, clicking on one of the only three available options - Change flights in the UK within 24 hours, without going through UK border control - is ok then even though not applicable when crossing the Border by necessity with checked bags and an Easyjet onwards, when the others are clearly not applicable and cause problems later in the form filling.

I suppose the issue of the countries one has been to has to be covered verbally with the agent.

I also worry that Easyjet have a change up to 2 hours of flight deal so in theory you could simply jettison your plans to immediately leave the UK as per tendered boarding pass evidence.

One has valid concerns at the endless reports of overzealous UK Border Agency staff and the whole hostile environment, even for Brits.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; May 13th 2021 at 4:02 pm.