Reload this Page >

Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

RocksAndBikes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Originally Posted by madresilva
Ive been going to Maharaja Patiala in Sao Bras for over a year now at first once a week, but sadly the food has gone down hill consistently, to my greatest sadness as we love the place and still go and take friends for an Indian.... but tonight with friends in town we will try Krishna palace ! keep ya posted on restaurant review!
Dont know the name but the one on the road out towards the InterMarche is AMAZING...... about 300m from the InterMarche heading into Sao Bras.... Wow... go there every time I get down there....

Tony.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough

thats the Maharaja Patiala........yes very nice!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:06 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: Indian restaurant recommendation for you

Just for everybody's information, I have an address for this restaurant:

Rua Boaventura Passos, nº118
São Brás de Alportel

Hope this helps!

(Woohoo my 200th post!!)

Last edited by scott909; Mar 18th 2010 at 6:07 pm. Reason: Added info about post number!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

wanabee is an unknown quantity at this point

I can agree with you about the ones in Tavira. I tried the one in Bishops square shortly after it opened. I thought that would be a good time to go as they would be trying hard. It was grim, bright coloured, tasteless sauces, dishes that looked as appetising and had the same consistency as that gungy mess you get from blocked drains when you are rodding them. You know, that sludge with solids in it, that you take care not to look to closely at!

The other one in Tavira, with the surly waiter (he can smile and he does have a sense of humour, but he likes to keep both a secret), I would say was better. However, I don't go in there either. Sao Bras is a long way to go, but I will give it a try sometime.

Did someone suggest a good one in Manta Rota once, or am I mistaken?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough

i think it is run by the same people as sao bras, not been so i don't know what it is like

it is worth the trip to sao bras from tavira, 25 mins and some nice scenery through the hills
Old Mar 18th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Hog is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wanabee
Did someone suggest a good one in Manta Rota once, or am I mistaken?
It is the Maharaja Patiala and is actually in Monte Gordo (Just down the road from Manta Rota).
It is the same owner as the one in Sao Bras.
I can thoroughly recommend it and regularly go there from Tavira for a decent curry.
See http://www.montegordouncovered.com/f....aspx?xmid=885
Enjoy.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

If you guys ever dare to venture just over the border Jag's is about to open a new restaurant/bar in Costa Esuri where choice, attentive service and attention to detail can not be beaten IMHO. Try it, you won't be disappointed and the views over to Portugal will be worth the visit alone (and the 18th hole but not being a golfer so doesn't do it for me).
Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sharon B
a new restaurant/bar in Costa Esuri
Any chance of a google map or an exact location please
Old Mar 20th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Hello, do you need the location to Esuri from Portugal or the exact location of the restaurant on Esuri?
Old Mar 20th 2010, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Hello, do you need the location to Esuri from Portugal or the exact location of the restaurant on Esuri?
A google map showing the exact location of the restaurant please (GPS coordinates would do also) so I can work out the driving route from the bridge. Like you, no interest in golf !

Last edited by MrBife; Mar 20th 2010 at 6:44 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrBife
A google map showing the exact location of the restaurant please (GPS coordinates would do also) so I can work out the driving route from the bridge. Like you, no interest in golf !
If only it was that easy!! I have checked and the google map needs to be updated with the changes on the new developments on Esuri.

So here goes: First junction off the bridge from Portugal. Stay on the left hand lane to the roundabout. Take the third turnoff signposted to Costa Esuri. Continue on road until you reach the roundabout at the entrance of Esuri with orange shopping centre on right corner. Take first right and then left at next roundabout. This road is Calle Lopez de Ayala which is the road where the restaurant is located, drive round the corner and it is number 53 on the left hand side with the swimming pools. A picture of which can be found on their website www.jagsbistro.com.

I have just checked and the terrace bar will be open by Easter and the restaurant will follow the end of the month.

Hope the directions make sense.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud ofMike has much to be proud of

Apparently there will be another one opening in Tavira soon.....
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:14 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike
Apparently there will be another one opening in Tavira soon.....
I was told that the old Patricks bar is to re-open as an Indian. I went past yesterday and they have put "silhouettes" on the windows that look a bit like the Taj Mahal. Rumour has it that the people from the Punjab Palace will be running it.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Hog is on a distinguished road

It is the owner of the Punjab Palace that owns the new one in Tavira that used to be Patricks bar. Spoke to him last week, it is supposed to open sometime very soon.
The restaurant will be on the Bishops Square side but it goes all the way through to the alley into what was Patricks bar which will be a bar that serves snackies.
I'll give it a go once it's been open a few days and let you know what it's like.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

bigglesafloat is just really nicebigglesafloat is just really nicebigglesafloat is just really nicebigglesafloat is just really nicebigglesafloat is just really nicebigglesafloat is just really nicebigglesafloat is just really nicebigglesafloat is just really nice

All the foregoing replies just show how different peoples opinions are about the same restaurant. They also indicate that many Algarve restaurants vary from week to week and its only the long established ones that give consistant quality. We all know of various new ex pat restaurants that start up with with many fanfares only to die a year later after becoming 'Algarved'.
Perhaps we should start a Restaurant Section recommending local restaurants (with date visited) in price range brackets ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.