IMI Payment

Old Apr 13th 2017, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

OnecalledBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IMI Payment

Originally Posted by bejaboz
Hi Bob,

Our property is in joint names when we bought it in 2007 and we've received a single IMI bill in my name each year since, as we are not residents.

The amount is low, around €145 per year.
Hi bejaboz,

We're residents though, don't know if that makes a difference? The bill is €262 a year to be paid April and October.
There is also no mention of my partner's interest in the property on her financas page (patrimonio predial/cadernetas.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 1:10 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is in joint names and we get two bills, as non resident and now resident.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by EMR
Ours is in joint names and we get two bills, as non resident and now resident.

Perhaps it's down to the Camera about whether they issue one per name or a one to the first named, unless it depends on the amount involved.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 4:25 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bejaboz
Perhaps it's down to the Camera about whether they issue one per name or a one to the first named, unless it depends on the amount involved.
Was the same when it was much smaller amount which was the plot of land..
We have owned properties in two camaras both issued two bills.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if it is to do with regime de bens? communal or separation. When I bought the house with my husband, we are under " separação de bens" and it is clear stated in all the documents escrito/cardeneta predial etc. We each owns half the property. So we got separate IMI bills. I think it should be indicated on your cardeneta predial, has nothing to do with resident/camera?
Old Apr 13th 2017, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

OnecalledBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qianh
I wonder if it is to do with regime de bens? communal or separation. When I bought the house with my husband, we are under " separação de bens" and it is clear stated in all the documents escrito/cardeneta predial etc. We each owns half the property. So we got separate IMI bills. I think it should be indicated on your cardeneta predial, has nothing to do with resident/camera?
I think your right qianh. Just checked the escitura and it states, 'comunhao de adquiras', rather than 'separacao de bems', as we had for our previous property. Thing is now, I don't know what the implications are and what I can do to change it, without it costing a fortune.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

xtonehari is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Can someone please advise on how and where to pay Council tax.

I own a apartment in Albur Village, Alvor, Algarve. I have representative in Portugal who looks after the tax and council tax (IMI).

But I think his charges are very high. He is charging 120 Euro just to pay the Council Tax every year. The Council Tax itself is 332.69 Euros.

I would like to pay the council tax myself directly but I dont know how to pay.

Can you please advise/guide on how to pay the Council Tax (IMI) directly.

Many Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2017, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

qianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond reputeqianh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi xtonehari, it's really very easy if you have a Portuguese bank account. Do you have a Portuguese bank account with online banking?
Old Apr 19th 2017, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi xtonehari, it's really very easy if you have a Portuguese bank account. Do you have a Portuguese bank account with online banking?
Yes, I do have bank account with Millennium BCP in Portugal and do Online banking.

Can you please let me know what details I need in order to pay the Council Tax. I can get the details from my representative/agent in Portugal and pay the Council Tax myself from Online banking.

Thanks

Last edited by xtonehari; Apr 19th 2017 at 2:41 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

ok in your online banking, if you can find option like "pagamentos/pagamentos ao estatos", it will ask you the 15 digit reference number which should be on the bottom of your IMI bill. than you put the amount in, that's it. the bank may ask you use card reader or pin some sort.

Last edited by qianh; Apr 19th 2017 at 2:48 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

ok in your online banking, if you can find option like "pagamentos/pagamentos ao estatos", it will ask you the 15 digit reference number which should be on the bottom of your IMI bill. than you put the amount in, that's it. the bank may ask you use card reader or pin some sort.
Thanks qianh!

I will get the 15 digit reference number and try to do it myself.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by xtonehari
Hello All,

Can someone please advise on how and where to pay Council tax.

I own a apartment in Albur Village, Alvor, Algarve. I have representative in Portugal who looks after the tax and council tax (IMI).

But I think his charges are very high. He is charging 120 Euro just to pay the Council Tax every year. The Council Tax itself is 332.69 Euros.

I would like to pay the council tax myself directly but I dont know how to pay.

Can you please advise/guide on how to pay the Council Tax (IMI) directly.

Many Thanks

Hi, you're definitely being taken advantage of, as it's a 5 minute job to pay IMI, as quanh has described with your online banking and a bank card.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for your help and advise.

I was able to pay the Council Tax through the Online bank account.

Kind Regards