IMI late?

Old Apr 4th 2019, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMI late?

Has everyone received their IMI bills? Neither of us has yet and nothing for 2018 online either.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMI late?

No not received anything yet. I had been wondering about it.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

The IMI is going to be payable in May this year. I was told by my Portuguese neighbour.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, one month later this year.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 3:36 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Yes, one month later this year.
We chased our up and also were told , should be some time in April for May payment.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Mystery solved. Thank you everyone.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this info, we have ours sent to UK and they are usually here by now. I will stop worrying for a couple of weeks.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Is this common as I believe that the income tax only has to be submitted by end of June also this year?
Old Apr 5th 2019, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

I have never known this to happen before in the 12 years that we have had our house in Portugal.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 7:21 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

There is a reason for shifting the billing / payment calendar and that is to avoid the payment or first instalment falling due during the Easter period, which is a biggie in terms of expenditure for many PT households. Not an entirely altruistic move on the government's part, I suspect, but - along with the new lower threshold for splitting payment into instalments - no doubt a welcome change for many.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

I don't really understand that suggestion about moving because of Easter being in April. Easter is often in April so do you know why they have just suddenly decided to change it this year. I mean for a fact from the actual department responsible for making these decisions. Not being difficult, just trying to understand.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Need a bit of help understanding IMI.
We purchased our house in Feb this year. Reading all the info on payment got me a bit confused and gave me the impression that we were not responsible for IMI this year as previous owners paid in arrears... to the end of the year(December 2019) as the house was sold after the end of the previous year, and that we were only responsible from Dec 2019 onwards. Further confused that the payment is then paid April/May and not at the end of December. Sorry if this sound confused reading it back has made it sound even more complicated!!
Old Apr 5th 2019, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toots sweet
We purchased our house in Feb this year. Reading all the info on payment got me a bit confused and gave me the impression that we were not responsible for IMI this year as previous owners paid in arrears... to the end of the year(December 2019) as the house was sold after the end of the previous year, and that we were only responsible from Dec 2019 onwards. Further confused that the payment is then paid April/May and not at the end of December. Sorry if this sound confused reading it back has made it sound even more complicated!!
To the best of my knowledge, the previous owner will be responsible for the IMI for 2018 (to be paid in May this year) and you will be responsible for 2019’s IMI, as the owner for the majority of this tax year (to be paid in 2020). IMI is paid in arrears.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

All I know is we paid IMI as soon as we bought our house. You would need to actually take it up with the proper department in the finance office.
Old Apr 5th 2019, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
It is my understanding that:

a. The owner of the house on 31 Dec 18 pays the IMI for 2018.
b. IMI dues for 2018 are paid in 2019.

So the IMI bills about to be issued in Apr/May should be paid by the previous owner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.