IMI help

Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMI help

This will be our 1st year for IMI and want to pay online.When we registered our property at the financas last year,we have no recollection of setting up a "senha" or password.Have tried to register again,but states we are already registered. To retrieve our senha,they are asking for our secret question and answer......which we again have no recollection of setting up. (might be getting on a bit but neither of us remembers doing this!)
Any advice on how we can access the portal would be much appreciated.
P.S Will this be sent to our PT address as well as our UK address,(which we gave for communication.),but we are still in PT till our ferry reinstates our crossing.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMI help

Originally Posted by toots sweet
This will be our 1st year for IMI and want to pay online.When we registered our property at the financas last year,we have no recollection of setting up a "senha" or password.Have tried to register again,but states we are already registered. To retrieve our senha,they are asking for our secret question and answer......which we again have no recollection of setting up. (might be getting on a bit but neither of us remembers doing this!)
Any advice on how we can access the portal would be much appreciated.
P.S Will this be sent to our PT address as well as our UK address,(which we gave for communication.),but we are still in PT till our ferry reinstates our crossing.
Are you sure your lawyer did not do it for you and has all the details of sign-in etc etc
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

No we did it ourselves at the local financas.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

No we did it ourselves at the local financas.
The online registration process involves the tax office sending to your home address in Portugal a password, which in theory, you then change for one of your own choice. This normally takes about 10 days from when you set up your online account.
Have you got this letter ? If so may be worth trying with that password
Old Apr 9th 2020, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

The activation password is usually sent by post to the registered fiscal address. If you are resident, it should be where you live within Portugal and if you're non-resident, it should be where you live outside Portugal. If you have no recollection of receiving this (or acting on it) you could try, if the option exists, requesting a re-issue of that activation password?

The secret question is something simple like your pet's name, favourite film etc - does it give you a list of questions from which you have to choose one before giving the answer? If so, you could work through the list with the most obvious answers.

http://info.portaldasfinancas.gov.pt...nts/senhas.pdf may help navigate this problem.

The (first) IMI payment isn't (normally) due until the end of May, so no need to panic just yet! It's also possible that there may be a general deferment.
Old Apr 9th 2020, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

If you are not a resident in Portugal, your IMI bill will be sent to your fiscal representative. If you are resident, the bill should arrive in your postbox. If you have an accountant in Portugal, he/she might have your password. Mine did because she set up my online fiscal account years' ago and I thought no more of it until she informed me that my motorcycle road tax was due. How did she know that I had a motorcycle? I then took charge of my fiscal account and changed the password. Sometimes these helpful people don't tell you what you need to know. Your local finanças office could well hold the answer to your problem.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

1711JohnB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are not residents, and our IMI bills are sent to our home address in the UK and I just log onto my bank, select state taxes and enter the number. The awkward thing about it, is that we both get one so I have to do it twice.

A few years ago, we only received one and I paid that online calling in a the Financies a couple of months later when we were in Tavira. Although they accepted that they had made a mistake in not sending the second one to us (my wife's) they still fined us for late payment. (only a few euro's)

Do you have a key holder for your place and if so, get them to open your mail. Even get them to go to the multibanco and pay it for you and transfer funds into their account if you do not want to do it yourself.

When we had a Fiscal representative (lawyer) he charged us euro 250 I think it was for just going to the multibanco and doing just that.

John (keep safe)
Old Apr 10th 2020, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all the info.
We are non residents ,so I assume the bill will go to our UK address. Unfortunately,we are currently stranded in PT due to Brittany Ferries!
However,as someone mentioned,we should have received a letter,with details of the password.We havn't ! not in the UK or PT. We don't have a fiscal representative/accountant, so no luck there.
We must have an online account as when we put in a NIF it says we have already registered.
Will try the website again to see if we can get another password.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Some time ago, Richard who has replied to this thread put an informative step by step guide to paying it from your bank.
Maybe he can search on his posts and bring it back to recent posts.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flattered but feeling lazy at the moment. A quick search of my posts for 'IMI' and 'payment' brings up 21 threads to which I have contributed. I'd guess it's in there somewhere.

If you have the payment reference it's relatively easy to use online baking from a Portuguese account. The instructions are probably on the invoice anyway. I now pay mine by direct debit so am getting rusty on the more manual processes. I even set up a direct debit for IUC even though I don't own a car in Portugal - it's that easy!

I've never understood why so many people seem to want to go and queue for the privilege of making payments of bills and taxes.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
I've never understood why so many people seem to want to go and queue for the privilege of making payments of bills and taxes.
I agree. The only thing you can't do from the comfort of your own home is withdraw cash. I suppose a lot of people still don't use a computer with confidence or perhaps don't even own one.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BillBullock
I agree. The only thing you can't do from the comfort of your own home is withdraw cash. I suppose a lot of people still don't use a computer with confidence or perhaps don't even own one.
And if you're home you generally don't need cash! My puzzlement is more with those who are tech-savvy enough to use forums and social media to ask online how to do these things in person or by other offline methods.
Old Apr 10th 2020, 1:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
I'm flattered but feeling lazy at the moment. A quick search of my posts for 'IMI' and 'payment' brings up 21 threads to which I have contributed. I'd guess it's in there somewhere.

If you have the payment reference it's relatively easy to use online baking from a Portuguese account. The instructions are probably on the invoice anyway. I now pay mine by direct debit so am getting rusty on the more manual processes. I even set up a direct debit for IUC even though I don't own a car in Portugal - it's that easy!

Sorry Richard but I really cannot resist asking how that is achieved.

OK I know that I am now sacked.

Rosemary
Old Apr 10th 2020, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

First, you put your dough into your account ...
Old Apr 10th 2020, 1:53 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Will try the website again to see if we can get another password.
I don't think there's a way round it in your circs, although I'd be absolutely delighted for you if I could be proved wrong.

Reason being that without knowing your secret question and answer, the only way of getting a forgotten password reset is via SMS which requires you to have your mobile number registered as trustworthy with Finanças (there's a specific process for doing this called fiabilização).

In your current position, neither knowing the secret question, nor (presumably) having your mobile number fiabilizado, the only way you can get the password reset would appear to be to email the AT asking for cancellation of the senha and upon receipt of confirmation of that, go through a re-registration process. Problem is, doing it this way the new senha will be sent by letter to your fiscal address, which is presumably the UK one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.