Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

idiot next door neighbour

idiot next door neighbour

Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute
Default idiot next door neighbour

has thrown a small dog in with his two large dogs who live in the garden all the time and buggered off to work , leaving us to listen to and see the small dog get continually attacked and shaken in its jaws by the large male dog.

gnr have been to see and have not done too much other than contact the owners brother who will attend in an hour or so , me and the wife are on bucket of water throwing duties to keep them apart (if we hadn't intervened the small dog would be dead by now)

no wonder some still see portugal as a 3rd world country.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: idiot next door neighbour

Originally Posted by dingg
has thrown a small dog in with his two large dogs who live in the garden all the time and buggered off to work , leaving us to listen to and see the small dog get continually attacked and shaken in its jaws by the large male dog.

gnr have been to see and have not done too much other than contact the owners brother who will attend in an hour or so , me and the wife are on bucket of water throwing duties to keep them apart (if we hadn't intervened the small dog would be dead by now)

Your neighbour sounds like the type of person I'd love to slap. On behalf of the little dog, thank you to you and your wife
Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

idiots brother turned up and was going to leave them all together as they 'need to learn to be with each other' , I told him I would phone gnr if they started attacking again so he has took away the small dog
Old Jun 8th 2019, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

Who are these "some" and are their prejudiced views worthy of consideration?

Old Jun 8th 2019, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Their prejudiced views may carry some weight with the way some dogs are treated out here .

don't you agree?
Old Jun 8th 2019, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

Their prejudiced views may carry some weight with the way some dogs are treated out here .

don't you agree?
Why single out Portugal?
Can you honestly say that there aren't similar idiots in the UK, or any other country?
Old Jun 8th 2019, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not singling out portugal at all just stating my experience of today , the situation as it happened and what people have stated to me personally about coming to live here.

The facts are Portuguese dogs in the whole are treated somewhat poorly compared to how we from uk treat animals if you cannot see this you really do need to remove your rose tinted glasses.

I love living here but needed to do something today to sort out the situation in which we found ourselves today , but for my efforts of standing there and throwing buckets of water at the attacking dog and calling GNR I'm sure the small dog would have been killed.

Ps I'm sure other countries treat dogs much worse than portugal but can only speak from my own personal experience and this is the brits on portugal forum.

Goodnight Naaling
Old Jun 8th 2019, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Idiots like this exist everywhere. Are you sure that you are suited to living in Portugal ?
Old Jun 8th 2019, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scot I'm 100% sure about living in portugal and everything that entails.

Put yourself in my situation hearing a dog squeeling its head off and shit pouring out of its arse as its shook almost to death in the jaws of a dog (pitbull type) about 5 times it size.

now go away and think about that

Goodnight Scot
Old Jun 8th 2019, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

I love living here but needed to do something today to sort out the situation in which we found ourselves today , but for my efforts of standing there and throwing buckets of water at the attacking dog and calling GNR I'm sure the small dog would have been killed.
What a crappy situation. I'm glad that you intervened.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Scot I'm 100% sure about living in portugal and everything that entails.

Put yourself in my situation hearing a dog squeeling its head off and shit pouring out of its arse as its shook almost to death in the jaws of a dog (pitbull type) about 5 times it size.

now go away and think about that

Goodnight Scot
Well done mate on your intervention and also your realistic attitude to living in Portugal.

Old Jun 9th 2019, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm not singling out portugal at all just stating my experience of today , the situation as it happened and what people have stated to me personally about coming to live here.

The facts are Portuguese dogs in the whole are treated somewhat poorly compared to how we from uk treat animals if you cannot see this you really do need to remove your rose tinted glasses.

Ps I'm sure other countries treat dogs much worse than portugal but can only speak from my own personal experience and this is the brits on portugal forum.

Goodnight Naaling
If you go back to your original post, you had already made your point before your final comment and at that point I would have agreed with you completely. However to then imply that somehow this is a uniquely Portuguese problem is rediculous.

Old Jun 9th 2019, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You have made enemies of a neighbour and his family. Now you will have to live with the fact that the people next door are alienated. Good luck with that. You can sleep on that every night for the next few years.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 6:09 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Goodnight Naaling
The fact is that there are people everywhere who do not treat animals well and if you believe that there are no Brits amongst these people you need to have a re-think.

Rosemary
Old Jun 9th 2019, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rosemary
The fact is that there are people everywhere who do not treat animals well and if you believe that there are no Brits amongst these people you need to have a re-think.

Rosemary
On the whole the Portuguese treat dogs somewhat poorly compared to how we in the uk treat ours.

I stand by this remark.

Of course there are problems elsewhere with poor treatment of animals uk included and bad owners remain everywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.