Reload this Page >

I must take Pt Driving Test - anyone done this for a car? Thx

I must take Pt Driving Test - anyone done this for a car? Thx

Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

offthepiste is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I must take Pt Driving Test - anyone done this for a car? Thx

Hi,
I have checked prior posts and not found anything that has satisfied my need. User 'Bons' asked question in January but I still have an outstanding question.

FYI I have temp EU Portuguese residency (QR code etc.) and for various reasons I am way past the 2 year limit in exchanging my UK driving license for a Portuguese one - so I cannot transfer. And have never driven in Portugal (and UK for many years) to date.

So am planning to sit the Portuguese test after getting driving lessons, etc. and getting a license to drive a car (not a tractor )

So has anyone managed to do this? Answers gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Old Sep 8th 2021, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice
Default Re: I must take Pt Driving Test - anyone done this for a car? Thx

Fluency in the language would naturally be the first step, followed by a visit to your local driving school to sign up for a course.
Theory part quite extensive I understand.
Old Sep 8th 2021, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

offthepiste is an unknown quantity at this point

Compreendo Dafty, just wonder if someone has actually done it.

Found a great site that you can practice the multiple choice https://www.testesdecodigogratis.com/t/znkd4/

Cheers
Old Sep 19th 2021, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Alan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond reputeAlan PT has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of confusion and misinformation on this, but the 2 year limit only ever applied to "3rd country" licenses, not EU licenses. With Brexit, the UK license is no longer an EU license of course, but the Portuguese government extended the validity of UK licenses in Portugal until the end of 2021 (mainly due to delays in processing at IMT)

So, I *think* that this means you are still (just) in time to still exchange your license, if you want to. Driving schools are also often happy to arrange "confidence" lessons if you successfully exchange your license but want to rebuild your driving awareness and confidence after a long break

You may also want to check out the British Embassy Facebook page (Brits in Portugal), as they post some useful updates on the IMT exchange topic