Hunters Again

Old Oct 12th 2023, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice
Unhappy Hunters Again

As another summer season draws to a close, we are once again blessed with the re-appearance of the hunting fraternity.
These fearless "Rambos" are out there every Thursday, Sunday(after church), and Holidays, keeping us all safe by culling Lions, Tigers, Hippos and all other dangerous game that we might fall foul of, in deepest darkest Algarve !
Seriously though, my family and I have lived on the outskirts of Vilamoura for over eight years now, and every season we have to call the GNR frequently to complain about "hunters" blasting away outside our home. The Law clearly states that hunting/shooting is expressly forbidden within 250mts of houses and walls. I have no doubt that the persistent offenders are fully aware of this, but choose to flout the Law. In my opinion these are the very people that should not be trusted with a firearm of any description, if they refuse to play by the rules and regulations. The GNR , although very sympathetic, advise that it is very difficult (muito complicado !) to resolve the problem . There are various signs dotted around the countryside that refer to hunting (allowed,not allowed,allowed with landowners permission etc) but they are confusing and everyone seems to interpret them differently.
I am well aware that we are not the only folks that are continually awoken at dawn,by the sound of gunfire right outside their house, and fear that this ongoing situation will ultimately be a game changer for myself and my family.
Depending on your location, Algarve is perhaps not the quiet, tranquil and safe place that the Retirement Award givers would have us believe.

Old Oct 12th 2023, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hunters Again

Its a thing here, its not going to change, maybe you need to get used to it
Old Oct 12th 2023, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really niceDafty is just really nice

Originally Posted by dingg
Its a thing here, its not going to change, maybe you need to get used to it
Yes, just Shut up and Put up - great advice !
Old Oct 12th 2023, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Its worse in Italy. In the last few weeks a hunter shot a woman outside of her house and another shot a cyclist. On the positive side they often shoot one another.
Old Oct 12th 2023, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dafty
Yes, just Shut up and Put up - great advice !
It is actually, nothing at all you can do but move to an area that doesn't have hunting take place, its something that you have absolutely no control over.
Old Oct 12th 2023, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by philat98
Its worse in Italy. In the last few weeks a hunter shot a woman outside of her house and another shot a cyclist. On the positive side they often shoot one another.
😂😂
Old Oct 12th 2023, 9:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by philat98
That happens here.