HELP

Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:36 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP

After speaking to me dad Nomad,he suggested I ask on here!!!
I am thinking of getting a cat...well kitten,I have two very large and very protective boxer dogs.
Will they eat it??????????????????
Answers on a postcard immediately to Cleri thankyouuuuuuuuuuuu
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:02 pm
Escaped to the Sun

Mattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really niceMattiespeople is just really nice
Default Re: HELP

Yes u r mad! but then you know that - depending on the moggie it will be boxer food or make their lives HELL! Let's hop for option 2!
keep us informed
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:05 pm

Well thanks a bunch,that helps
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

aaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really niceaaron and jo is just really nice

hi we have two boxers, back here in the u.k, Taz is a brindle she is an old girl and is as silly as they come, Abbey on the other had suffers fight or flight syndrome so makes her highly predictable with other animals,hence now we have to keep them apart, what im trying to say is only you will know there characters,boxers are beyond normal dogs, they are more human and they all are so different from one another, if i was you try it on a trail run for a few hours, you will know within the first hour, they will probably wont leave it alone but you will see any problems rise up then,if your boxers are anything like taz, they will be acting like proud parents:thumbs up:Millie my cat and taz got on like a house on fire,they would not be separated,millie even sleeped in the same bed as taz, so it depends on your boxers really.
let us know what happens, oh if you do go ahead, one tip is when you bring kitten home, bring treats for the dogs also, that way they will be distracted for a while so kitty can see her/his new home also
hope this helps
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:59 pm

Thanks for that.
Ela...my baby we have had from 5 weeks old,see pics on gallery!!! complete and utter spoilt brat is 2 yrs 6 months
Cookie my boy brindle is about 6 we rescued him from an awful life 2 years ago.
Ela thinks Cooks is richard gere..BUT she dominates him big style,and always has to be the centre of attention,methinks she sees mum cuddling a new baby,she might not like it at all.
Having said that,hub had a boxer years ago and adopted 2 kittens,and the boxer slept with them and loved em.
I really dont know how they would react!!!!!!! I dont see how I can have a kitten on a trial basis,thats the prob
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:02 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

at the thought of what might happen!

I adore kittens and cats, but am so allergic, more than a few mins within cat distance and I am close to death!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:34 pm

Poor love
Im beginning to think this is not a good idea
SURELY there is hope?????
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:25 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Why not find a neighbor with a kitten and see what the pooches do?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:59 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
One of our Labs used to carry our kitten round by her head, lol, my daughter shouted dad "buttons" has killed the cat when she first saw it.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 8:15 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Predictably, its a 50/50 situation. We've got 2 Boxers too. We also had 3 cats at one point. Our kitten became best mates with my Brindle boy - but then again both animals grew to have very mild temprements. Whenever my cat Jasper had been outside, he'd always greet my boy first whenever he came home. He'd walk up to his bezzy mate and rub himself up against him. It was lovely to see. My female white Boxer on the other hand has always been a bit more highly strung than her 'brother'. She and the other cats all grew to tolerate each other and managed their own little hierarchical system between them all.

We've only got the two dogs now as sadly the cats have all since passed away. But we've already agreed to get another cat when we settle in Portugal.

You can never be sure how animals will interact. Suffice to say that I think they sort things out between themselves after a while. There'll be scratches and yelps initially but normally, it's the dogs who quickly learn where the line is with their cat counterparts.

If I were you... I'd do it. As long as there's a plan B for the cat if things were to turn really bad.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Im pretty sure the dogs will like cat.....but I don't think they could eat a whole one!

Bit of a risk Clerigo...... could work out just sweet but it could end in heartache......
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Redlippie
And take it back in a shoe box ready for burial
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:34 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Im pretty sure the dogs will like cat.....but I don't think they could eat a whole one!

Bit of a risk Clerigo...... could work out just sweet but it could end in heartache......

Could be a cat astrophe
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:34 pm

Thanks peeps
Im going to give it more thought,I have time,as my house currently resembles ground zero
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Could be a cat astrophe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.