British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Health Insurance Agent Silver Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/health-insurance-agent-silver-coast-889039/)

neupit Dec 20th 2016 2:21 pm

Health Insurance Agent Silver Coast

Please does anyone know of a good agent, that speaks English, for health coverage on the Silver Coast, maybe Caldas area?? Just put a deposit down on a house, yeah!!!!! and will be moving in the spring but have to do health now before 71st birthday.

Thanks so much!!

gedscottish Dec 20th 2016 3:10 pm

Re: Health Insurance Agent Silver Coast

Originally Posted by neupit (Post 12133132)
Please does anyone know of a good agent, that speaks English, for health coverage on the Silver Coast, maybe Caldas area?? Just put a deposit down on a house, yeah!!!!! and will be moving in the spring but have to do health now before 71st birthday.

Thanks so much!!

Unfortunately age is against you, we work with Fidelidade (Multicare) but at 70 they won't cover you. I'll try and find out who will cover you at that age and get back to you.

neupit Dec 20th 2016 3:38 pm

There is one called Victoria Senior Plan?? I was looking before and found this but need an agent to buy it from..

Thanks so much!!!

Ingles Dec 20th 2016 3:49 pm

This may help, all contact details in link.

Oeste Ativo - SILVER COAST FINANCIAL CONSULTANCY, LDA

neupit Dec 20th 2016 4:00 pm

Thanks so much, I'll get in touch with them.....

Loafing Along Dec 20th 2016 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by neupit (Post 12133132)

Thanks so much!!

Check out AFPOP . afpop: afpop, expats society, Algarve, Portugal society

Actually concentrated in the Algarve but may sign up people from other ares . Have a special deal with Allianz Health Insurance. Biggest benefit no age limitation, only inconvenience must be paid as an annual lump sum, no monthly debits.

gedscottish Dec 21st 2016 10:31 am

Torres Novas is probably your nearest?
Região Lisboa e Vale do Tejo

Zero information on the Victoria site that I can see of the product you want so you'll need to get a simulation and see what it covers and find out how much you'll pay to see consultants, exams etc Also and important, find out what clinics and hospitals in your area that work with Victoria. (you don't want to have to travel to Lisbon to see a doctor)

Ukkram Dec 21st 2016 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Loafing Along (Post 12133249)
Check out AFPOP . afpop: afpop, expats society, Algarve, Portugal society

Actually concentrated in the Algarve but may sign up people from other ares . Have a special deal with Allianz Health Insurance. Biggest benefit no age limitation, only inconvenience must be paid as an annual lump sum, no monthly debits.

Allianz via AFPOP is by far the cheapest and the only one I found that insures people over 70 although you cannot join if you have already reached 71.
I live in the far north and it is very popular here too.
Gestão e Mediação de Seguros | Health Insurance