Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Golf advice near Gale / Albufeira??

Golf advice near Gale / Albufeira??

Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:35 am
Just Joined

dave.simmons is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Golf advice near Gale / Albufeira??

Hello again,

Planning on a visit from the 25th August and wondered if anyone could recommend any good golf courses to play for beginners / intermediates? We usually go to Salgados but to be honest I have found it expensive and it often reminds me on Venice in terms of water hazards!! Not very beginner / intermediate friendly.

Would be willing to travel about 30 miles out of Gale so any recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:48 am
MnC
Just Joined

MnC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Golf advice near Gale / Albufeira??

I am about to go to Portugal on holiday and do some golf as well.

I have booked a round of Golf at Castro Marim and they do not require you to prove your handicap. The course is near Spain and Portugal border just off the motorway. I have booked this through lesters golf, who you can find on the internet.

The other course I have booked is in Alto near Portimao. I booked this through the club itself and I think for this one you have to prove your golf handicap. Again you can find them on the internet.

I found these to be the best value courses. If you look on the internet you will find a whole variety of prices for the same course. For the courses I have booked on they cost 80 euros each, for 2 people and include a buggy.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Golf advice near Gale / Albufeira??

I am a member of Benamor which is at Tavira which is about 40 mins from you along the motorway to Spain, try this web site
www.teetimesanywhere.com my next door neighbour who has a holiday home here always uses them.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

maverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Golf advice near Gale / Albufeira??

try the golf club in caviero i believe its a nine hole course and welcomes beginers and gives lessons by the way i believe that salgados is one of the cheaper courses in the region

any way left eye on the ball and the slower the back swing the better

good luck