Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Furniture removal

Furniture removal

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:02 am
Just Joined

buddiegolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Furniture removal

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has driven from UK to Portugal for best routes etc..would like to avoid driving thro France..I am thinking of taking a load of furniture for my new flat so it would be a hired van

Wills
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

brodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of lightbrodev is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Furniture removal

The only way I know of to drive to Portugal without going through France is to get the ferry to Bilbao or Santander. I have done both and both trips are pleasant, but expensive. The drive from there can be done in one day in a good car but, if you have a load of furniture I would think that an overnight stop is preferable. Driving via Seville is my preferred option as there are fewer tolls in Spain and the roads are good.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:09 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

We did the Plymouth Santander,agree,its a good journey,but expensive!!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Yeah but look at the driving time, fuel and tolls it saves. ;-))
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

buddiegolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cleri
Thanks for replies...I have found a Portugal based company who can do removal for a good price and will store furniture at no extra cost until I arrive in Portugal in Feb /March 2008....their web site is www.Muduatudo.com....compared with cost of Ferry petrol etc I think I will go with this company