Forest fire

Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Tonyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forest fire

Amazing scene in Tavira tonight as a giant forest fire rages to the north of the town. Sky glowing red. Great picture from @iRIKHARD on Twitter http://twitpic.com/a9gpvf
Old Jul 19th 2012, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice
Default Re: Forest fire

Originally Posted by Tonyj
Amazing scene in Tavira tonight as a giant forest fire rages to the north of the town. Sky glowing red. Great picture from @iRIKHARD on Twitter http://twitpic.com/a9gpvf
I hope everyone was ok!

I could see it from Spain and it looked horrific!
Old Jul 19th 2012, 9:41 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to be under control today but it took a lot of effort. It started around 2 pm Wednesday and there are still signs of smoke as I look out of our lounge window. Took some photos yesterday evening and it looked very dramatic. Loads of pictures on Facebook.

Last edited by TaviraTrog; Jul 19th 2012 at 9:51 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: Forest fire

A friend of mine is a firefighter in Tavira and gave me the website for the Bombeiros, 450 firefighters, 120 trucks, 4 helicopters and 2 planes fighting the fire.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all

Just checked the website, 633 personnel, 200 vehicles including ariels now on site.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

There's a lot of ash flying about in Conceicao now and the air is getting pretty smoky
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:21 am
polly flinders

polly flinders will become famous soon enough

O M G
can you please keep me posted on the progress of the fires. I have a place in Malhada do Judeu .. the hills above St catarina.
I'm in the U K at the moment and getting all sorts of panic ...
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

newintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nicenewintavira is just really nice

I'm sorry to say that Sta Catarina is one of the places in the danger zone according to this:

http://www.jornaldoalgarve.pt/um-ter...vira-ja-ardeu/
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:34 am
polly flinders

polly flinders will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that please let me know how things go
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

According to my Bombeiro friend it started nearer to Cachopo
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Theres a few new fires broken out nearer to Tavira, at the moment there is now 868 personnel, 233 vehicles, 3 helo and 6 air tankers on site.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

bandb67 is an unknown quantity at this point

hope everyones ok pictures are scarry
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Tavira Camara is asking people if they could donate bottled water or fruit for the Firefighters, if you want to help all donations can be dropped of at Tavira or Sao Bras fire stations.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Go on to www.portugalnews.com the fire is seemingly out of control.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

we are in Ayamonte. my husband just been outside. from here looking over to black sky. The river has a red reflection. Our terrace is getting ash on the tables.Goodness knows how it feels over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.