Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

MEO Data Only Sim

MEO Data Only Sim

Old Oct 22nd 2017, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

bantockboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MEO Data Only Sim

Ola, I purchased a 15 euro data only sim last time was out from the shop in the Grand Plaza in Tavira and was told I could top up online, but I can't see how this can be done. Any ideas please? Is their a hyperlink I can access?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MEO Data Only Sim

You need to register at https://login.telecom.pt/Public/Register.aspx? and then add your mobile data product to your profile.

However, if you haven't kept the SIM active by constantly re-loading it with data it will probably have lapsed and you will probably have to start again with a new SIM.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:38 am
Just Joined

bantockboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Richard, very helpful albeit I've registerred and am still struggling to find the exact page to do this?
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Try https://cliente.meo.pt/pag/meuperfil...star%20produto
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

If you have a portuguese bank account you can top up through that. Log on to your account, go to top ups, MEO then put the phone number of the SIM card in how much you want to top up. In Portugal you can also top up at any multibanco.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Does a data only SIM have a phone number associated?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to allJonny22 is a name known to all

Yes, it’ll be written on the pack the card came in.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't use one so I didn't realise that. That's why I suggested the more convoluted route.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just when you top up, make sure you select ‘internet’ under the MEO option before you put the number in or it won’t process it. Took me a while to figure that one out.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonny22
Just when you top up, make sure you select ‘internet’ under the MEO option before you put the number in or it won’t process it. Took me a while to figure that one out.
Sorry, forget that. For MEO on my bank site, just top up under the direct MEO mobile phone tab. All banks wil be slightly different so you need to work through the menus.