Flying

Old Nov 2nd 2020, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying

We were going to stay in the UK for a month or so but after reading the 'mood music', we moved our flight forward and flew back to Portugal yesterday.

No, they don't check the type of mask you wear; they just require that you do wear a mask.

There were literally 16 passengers on the flight - Easyjet Bristol to Faro.

They DID check that you had filled in your passenger locator form. We provided a printed copy, some people showed the QR code from their email as proof but everyone had to show they had done so.

You can fly from Bristol to Faro, non-stop on the 6th of November cheaply: £39.99
With Ryanair you could fly from Bristol to Faro, non-stop on the 4th of November cheaply: £31.09

Just a matter of looking around.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shanorme
We were going to stay in the UK for a month or so but after reading the 'mood music', we moved our flight forward and flew back to Portugal yesterday.

No, they don't check the type of mask you wear; they just require that you do wear a mask.

They DID check that you had filled in your passenger locator form. We provided a printed copy, some people showed the QR code from their email as proof but everyone had to show they had done so.

You can fly from Bristol to Faro, non-stop on the 6th of November cheaply: £39.99
With Ryanair you could fly from Bristol to Faro, non-stop on the 4th of November cheaply: £31.09

Just a matter of looking around.
I almost live as far away from Bristol as you can get in England. I don't think we're allowed to travel on the 6th November. The 4th I think would be ok.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

It might help if you tell us where you live?

You are allowed to travel, although you are 'advised' not to. It's guidance, not legislation.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

It might help if you tell us where you live?

You are allowed to travel, although you are 'advised' not to. It's guidance, not legislation.
During the last lockdown some lads locally were going to Whitby about and hour and a half drive away, and they were turned back and fined. Leeds, Doncaster, Hull then Manchester would be my preferences for airports. I can't find a direct flight from Manchester, Leeds at least £350 one way and noe from Doncaster or Hull.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

'Overnight stays and holidays away from primary residences will not be allowed. This includes holidays abroad and in the UK'
From the Goverment website.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

You won't be going on 'holiday'. You will be seeking your Right to Residence. You will need to check if this is a legally permissible reason.

Easyjet: Manchester to Faro: 19th December: £72.99
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

You won't be going on 'holiday'. You will be seeking your Right to Residence. You will need to check if this is a legally permissible reason.

Easyjet: Manchester to Faro: 19th December: £72.99
Yes,, I'm trying to find out. I hope this lockdown is voted down in Parliament on Wednesday, but Labour are backing it so even the rebel Tories probably won't be able to stop it. Am I right in thinking that Portugal is in lockdown now for Halloween, then is going into partial lockdown on the 4th November to be reviewed in 15 days?

Thanks for looking for me. Is that price return?

Last edited by bons; Nov 2nd 2020 at 10:24 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute

We're not in lockdown for Halloween, it was the holiday. Basically to stop people from moving out of their parish, to visit family graves. That stops tomorrow morning at 6.00am. People who work in a different parish were able to travel.

The prime minister and president are meeting this morning to discuss what to do next.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ouriquejan
We're not in lockdown for Halloween, it was the holiday. Basically to stop people from moving out of their parish, to visit family graves. That stops tomorrow morning at 6.00am. People who work in a different parish were able to travel.

The prime minister and president are meeting this morning to discuss what to do next.
OK thanks, I'll keep a look out for their decision.
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were in quarantine for 14 days and on top of that in Welsh circuit breaker lockdown meaning not crossing the border to England.

Or did you say "boll--ks" to it all!

Old Nov 3rd 2020, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chislenko
I thought you were in quarantine for 14 days and on top of that in Welsh circuit breaker lockdown meaning not crossing the border to England.

Or did you say "boll--ks" to it all!
Short trips, shorter than 14 days are allowed to the UK, provided you quarantine during that period, which I did, so perhaps some gentle questioning instead of aggressive assumptions might be a better route forward?
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Short trips, shorter than 14 days are allowed to the UK, provided you quarantine during that period, which I did, so perhaps some gentle questioning instead of aggressive assumptions might be a better route forward?
I think it's great that you're back in Portugal, have a Sagres for me.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bons
I think it's great that you're back in Portugal, have a Sagres for me.
I will do - I really hope you manage to sort out something.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I will do - I really hope you manage to sort out something.
My brain is bursting struggling with all the options and permutations.
Old Nov 3rd 2020, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bons
My brain is bursting struggling with all the options and permutations.
It's not an easy situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.