Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Floor tile cleaning

Floor tile cleaning

Old Dec 10th 2023, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road
Default Floor tile cleaning

We have floor tiles that start to get dirty after a while. It looks like ingrained dirt. They are sand stone coloured and throughout the house. I have done deep clean on them before with vinegar and baking soda and they come up a treat, but it is a mammoth task on hands and knees with scourer. Has anyone any experience of a floor tile scrubbing machine that will do the same thing by rotating brushes over the tiles? I have seen that worten have floor cleaners but I do not expect a steamer to get the tiles in the heavily trafficked areas and kitchen clean with a bit of steam alone, especially when I know how hard I have to scrub with the scourer, vinegar and baking soda to get a great result. Anyone got any ideas and advice?
Thanks as always
Old Dec 10th 2023, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond reputeouriquejan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Floor tile cleaning

We bought a Karcher SC2. Similar to a vacuum.

It doesn't scrub, just steam cleans the tiles. Use i twice a year and very happy with it.

Old Dec 10th 2023, 10:20 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fergus
We have floor tiles that start to get dirty after a while. It looks like ingrained dirt. They are sand stone coloured and throughout the house. I have done deep clean on them before with vinegar and baking soda and they come up a treat, but it is a mammoth task on hands and knees with scourer. Has anyone any experience of a floor tile scrubbing machine that will do the same thing by rotating brushes over the tiles? I have seen that worten have floor cleaners but I do not expect a steamer to get the tiles in the heavily trafficked areas and kitchen clean with a bit of steam alone, especially when I know how hard I have to scrub with the scourer, vinegar and baking soda to get a great result. Anyone got any ideas and advice?
Thanks as always
Anywhere local you can hire a buffing machine, I did for an apartment in Spain .
Old Dec 11th 2023, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

You could try a product sold all over called SIRIL.
They call it a decruster. I have used it for tiles and it did improve the look pretty quickly, without a lot of hard work (I also have used a diluted bleach) and just need to use water after 30 mins to remove it.
Old Dec 13th 2023, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

fergus is on a distinguished road

Does anyone happen to know a tool hire company in Tavira area that I could hire a floor scrubbing machine from?