First time visit to Portugal

First time visit to Portugal

Old Dec 9th 2018, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

peejaysea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First time visit to Portugal

Hi

Basic intro really - as a first post.

We (wife, son myself and two dogs) will be heading to Portugal for a first time trip o er the Xmas period. We currently live in Luxembourg (have been here almost 11 years) and will be driving down through France and Spain to make a "road trip" of it. We have just under three weeks for the there and back trip and are all looking forward to it.

We are heading to the Tomar area for this trip.

The general idea is to get feel for Portugal overall and the Tomar / surrounding area in particular with a view to seeing if we would like to move there in the next couple of years. We have only heard / read good things so far. We thought it would be a good idea to get a feel what it is like during the winter rather than going for a summer holiday first and walking away with our hearts set having viewed through rose tinted glasses. At least we should sense what it could be like during the off / wet/ colder season.

I am busy trying to get some language basics behind me so we don't sound like total fools everywhere we go

Looking forward to it - busy reading posts on this site to gleam info as quickly as possible.

Regards
Paul
Old Dec 9th 2018, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First time visit to Portugal

Hi Paul

Congratulations on picking a beautiful area. I have just spent the day 12k north of Tomar and you couldn't pick a much better part to look at Portugal.

Good luck

Peter