Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Financas/AT On Line Portal

Financas/AT On Line Portal

Old Nov 11th 2018, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

CYDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financas/AT On Line Portal

Been trying to complete the on line form to obtain a password for NHR application. But the system will not accept any of our telephone numbers. Tried Cyprus landline, mobile, UK mobile, all including/excluding country codes. All have been rejected. Beginning to think we must use a Portuguese number, would this be correct?
Old Nov 11th 2018, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financas/AT On Line Portal

Originally Posted by CYDave
Been trying to complete the on line form to obtain a password for NHR application. But the system will not accept any of our telephone numbers. Tried Cyprus landline, mobile, UK mobile, all including/excluding country codes. All have been rejected. Beginning to think we must use a Portuguese number, would this be correct?
Yes
Old Nov 11th 2018, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

I had exact same issue , I used my next door neighbours number as I do not yet have a landline fitted.
mad system really, almost just made up a random number tbh.
Its only an automated tick box so you could easily do that without issue I'd say if your stuck.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingg
I had exact same issue , I used my next door neighbours number as I do not yet have a landline fitted.
mad system really, almost just made up a random number tbh.
Its only an automated tick box so you could easily do that without issue I'd say if your stuck.
Not sure you could use a non-existent number as I think they send a code to your phone log in - or am I thinking of the HMRC site?
Old Nov 11th 2018, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

You're thinking of hmrc.
on the financas site it just needs to be a 9 digit number to satisfy the automated software they've used for registration purposes , the access password is sent in the mail to your Portuguese address.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

You're thinking of hmrc.
on the financas site it just needs to be a 9 digit number to satisfy the automated software they've used for registration purposes , the access password is sent in the mail to your Portuguese address.
Yeah, sorry. Shouldn't have been so lazy as not to check before posting.
I have used both sites but not logged in to either for a while.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

You're thinking of hmrc.
From the Tax Authoirty guide to registration
It is also possible to authorize the Tax and Customs Authority - AT to send optional and voluntary compliance support messages by SMS and e-mail. This is a free personal and confidential service. However, in order that the Tax and Customs Authority – AT can provide this service in a secure manner, you will have to ensure the reliability of your e-mail and mobile phone. As soon as the password application is sent two codes are automatically made available: • to ensure the mobile phone reliability, by SMS; • to ensure the e-mail reliability, by e-mail. These codes can only be confirmed on the website Portal das Finanças on Aceda aos Serviços Tributários > Confirmação de Email e Telefone after having received the access password for Portal das Finanças, which is sent by mail, in an envelopemessage, to the fiscal residence.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your replies. Will be in Portugal in a few weeks time, so will buy a sim card for my mobile phone, that will hopefully give me a 9 digit Portuguese number
Old Nov 12th 2018, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Financas/AT On Line Portal

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
From the Tax Authoirty guide to registration
It is also possible to authorize the Tax and Customs Authority - AT to send optional and voluntary compliance support messages by SMS and e-mail. This is a free personal and confidential service. However, in order that the Tax and Customs Authority – AT can provide this service in a secure manner, you will have to ensure the reliability of your e-mail and mobile phone. As soon as the password application is sent two codes are automatically made available: • to ensure the mobile phone reliability, by SMS; • to ensure the e-mail reliability, by e-mail. These codes can only be confirmed on the website Portal das Finanças on Aceda aos Serviços Tributários > Confirmação de Email e Telefone after having received the access password for Portal das Finanças, which is sent by mail, in an envelopemessage, to the fiscal residence.
yes , but importantly you have the option to select which service you'd prefer to use , email sms or both
Old Nov 12th 2018, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Thank you. Will tick the email box only, as I prefer this form of communication. Would prefer not to imput a telephone number, but the system will not process the application without one.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK, they won't use email and/or sms for communication until the appropriate channel has been verified by means of activation codes sent to the email address and/or the mobile number that then must be entered into the Portal. My Portal account currently shows a (known) landline number but is not used for communications. Giving a dummy number shouldn't be a problem but Portuguese PAYG mobile numbers have, in my experience, an unfortunate habit of becoming dormant through lack of use (and/or payment) and once lost may be difficult to resurrect.

Try offering the number of the relevant branch of AT as a placeholder. If you ever have human interaction when trying to change it, you might have an easier time as they will recognise the 'wrong' number as not being yours.