Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Finally a new app schedule from SEF - BUT.....

Finally a new app schedule from SEF - BUT.....

Old Jan 24th 2023, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about
Default Finally a new app schedule from SEF - BUT.....

Yesterday we got the long awaited email notices from sef that we could make a new appointment (having cancelled the last one in Beja) and like last time the schedule is only open for a period of 11 days (this time from 23 Jan-2nd Feb). So far so good but when accessing the schedule the only dates offered for an appointment in January. This means we can only make the appointment for the next 5 days (they are closed at weekends) and we actually have a pretty full schedule of other appointments at the moment.
Has anyone else experienced this? - is it the usual crappy programming?

The only positive thing is that this time we have a choice of Beja (3hrs) or Santarem (2hrs) this time which means less travelling time
Old Jan 24th 2023, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally a new app schedule from SEF - BUT.....

Got mine in Santarem. 5 mins wait and over and done with in 10. Nice lady and speaks English. She was by the front door,I sat and she called my name when ready.Card delivered to tour gate in just over 2 weeks. Quite easy to find.Park by the bullring. 5 mins from there.
Old Jan 24th 2023, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Our friend finally got an appointment in Loule this morning ... but on arrival was told the system was down ... again!!!
Old Jan 24th 2023, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Fluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura aboutFluffyhead has a spectacular aura about

I should've said I am unable to change the selection from January - the month popup only shows January and the change month arrows on the calendar do nothing - I've just written to sef about it

Thanks for the parking tip toots sweet
Sunseeker1st - what a pain for your friend, hopefully it wasn't a long trip for him/her - we'll go bananas if we can't get done when we finally get an appointment
Old Jan 24th 2023, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fluffyhead
I should've said I am unable to change the selection from January - the month popup only shows January and the change month arrows on the calendar do nothing - I've just written to sef about it

Thanks for the parking tip toots sweet
Sunseeker1st - what a pain for your friend, hopefully it wasn't a long trip for him/her - we'll go bananas if we can't get done when we finally get an appointment
Think it is about an hour for him going from Silves. It was 45 minutes each way when this happened to me.
Old Jan 27th 2023, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Did get a reply to my email to sef but as usual it didn't answer or address my question. We will wait until 1st Feb and see if any dates other than the 2nd Feb are offered.