Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Faro Airport Closed

Faro Airport Closed

Old Oct 28th 2011, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faro Airport Closed

I feel so sorry for everybody who has had problems because of this.
But the night before last on PT TV a PT reporter stopped & asked a very well spoken English Gentleman what he thought of the present situation
He put his head on one side ,looked up at the roof & said

" If I was the Architect I would be very worried"

I'm sorry but I just burst out laughing.
Galvanised Tin Sheets on the roof of a Multi Million € Structure ?
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

leesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Any further news on the airport please?

Leesam
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leesam
Hi All,

Leesam
I flew in on the 10 Nov. On arriving you collect your bags as before then follow a temporary tunnel out of the terminal towards the Car Rental desks at the Eastern end of the building. There is a large tent where Meeting and Greeting is situated.

If you are collecting a hire car from Park 4 this has now moved. You follow the path past the Tent and walk past the Old park 4. You carry on in the general direction of the petrol station, You will see the New P4 before you get there.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boobella
yes there is to much health and safety in the uk but then you don't see roofs blowing off airports and the windows blown out on air traffic control

questions need to be asked
I agree! The very same thought crossed my mind - Poor Building Standards.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

leesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Could anyone tell me if the duty free shop is open again when departing Faro please?

Leesam
Old Dec 14th 2011, 2:35 pm
I.T Expert - Algarve

scott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the roughscott909 is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

Could anyone tell me if the duty free shop is open again when departing Faro please?

Leesam
The duty free shop is fully open again, yes.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:22 am
Just Joined

MissLilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Leesam
Yap working and duty free working. It's only on the arrivals we have to use a temporary tunnel. It was quite strange for me, because after so many years I've never eared such a thing in the airport. But... the airport is quite old, they should already be improving it for a long time, but they always wait for the last minute :|