Faro Airport

Old Jul 27th 2020, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faro Airport

On the EASYJET, people were required to hand over their landing form prior to disembarking.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hettyb
Saturday 25th Ryanair Bristol to Faro

No one asked for Landing Forms and they would have been pretty useless as so many people changed their seats after takeoff.

Faro Airport very, very quiet. No one asked for our Landing Forms.

Generally felt safeish (Is that a word?) throughout.
Yes the fact that you pay to try to sit on your own, is a waste of time. My experience with Ryanair was the same in that people just moved where they wanted to, annoying after I had paid to get a seat on my own (Left it until last minute before choosing) Bloke at bottom stairs at Faro asking for landing cards, but I noticed that a lot of the Spanish and Portuguese on the flight (75%) just ignored him, and nothing was said. Temp down here in Algarve in my garden in the sun yesterday reached 49deg !!!!!! Even the dogs are quiet.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Yes the fact that you pay to try to sit on your own, is a waste of time. My experience with Ryanair was the same in that people just moved where they wanted to, annoying after I had paid to get a seat on my own (Left it until last minute before choosing) Bloke at bottom stairs at Faro asking for landing cards, but I noticed that a lot of the Spanish and Portuguese on the flight (75%) just ignored him, and nothing was said. Temp down here in Algarve in my garden in the sun yesterday reached 49deg !!!!!! Even the dogs are quiet.
Why do you measure the temperature in the sun?
Old Jul 28th 2020, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
To be fair to Ryanair (Not a phrase I use often.) both husband & son found the same on their Easyjet flights. Both companies protected the front 5 'expensive' rows from people coming forward and so those rows remained fairly empty.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair to Ryanair (Not a phrase I use often.) both husband & son found the same on their Easyjet flights. Both companies protected the front 5 'expensive' rows from people coming forward and so those rows remained fairly empty.
Probably more of a load balancing concern on a fairly empty flight.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

No one asked for landing form in Lisbon either.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 12:32 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

I was once told by a pilot that they have to the same number of people sat in the front 5 rows as the back 5 rows ±1.

When people were queuing for the gate and up the stairs, were they distancing/wearing masks? I'm flying Faro to East Midlands tomorrow.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

To be fair, when we were at Bristol there were so few people that it was quite simple to have more than 2m between people. There were very few people on the flight and we were all placed in the rows over the wings. Mr Shan & I got a row on our own.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Hettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond reputeHettyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Score76
I was once told by a pilot that they have to the same number of people sat in the front 5 rows as the back 5 rows ±1.

When people were queuing for the gate and up the stairs, were they distancing/wearing masks? I'm flying Faro to East Midlands tomorrow.
Some people not distancing too much for the short period of queuing up steps but all wearing masks on Ryanair. There was nothing to stop you from hanging back from person in front. As I have said, the queue moved very quickly and people continued to wear masks apart from when eating.
Boarded by row from the back on Easyjet so more controlled.
Old Jul 30th 2020, 6:45 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

5 in front

2 behind

Faro airport pretty much deserted today, hardly any queue at security or passport control. Everyone wearing masks. Many shops and food outlets shut. Just 9 passengers on the flight, don't waste your money booking a seat!

Passport control at East Midlands slightly different, so we divert off into another room first for them to check you've filled out an online quarantine form, then through passport machines. Still took less time than it normally would for July.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Well, just arrived via Faro from Birmingham. Birmingham very quiet with only a few shops open. Everyone wearing masks although children under 12 don't need to. Social distancing through security worked ok. Ryanair was operating priority boarding which suited us as we had paid the extra as had 9 year old granddaughter in tow. Only about 36 passengers on the flight so it was very quiet. A couple of blokes weren't wearing masks and seemed to get away with it but there was lots of room so it wasn't a problem. Didn't even need to ask to use the loo as long as there wasn't a queue. At Faro there wasn't much of a queue at passport control and nobody asked for the passenger location form. Masks also needed at car hire station (P4). Let's see what happens on our return!!
Old Aug 4th 2020, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

On the Easyjet flight, there was a chap who wasn't covering his nose with his mask. The Air Steward told him he had to wear it properly. I suppose it depends on how much nonsense the individual Stewards/Stewardesses want to deal with.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Just as a matter of interest: just flown back to Birmingham. Wouldn't let anyone get as far as passport control without proof of the passenger location form. Told they need to be completed before you fly. Fortunately we had.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
Just as a matter of interest: just flown back to Birmingham. Wouldn't let anyone get as far as passport control without proof of the passenger location form. Told they need to be completed before you fly. Fortunately we had.
Yes, had the same thing flying back into Bristol. Loads of people clogging the passages trying to fill in the form on their phones.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

amazes me why the Gov has not insisted that airlines require a locator reference number showing that you have filled in the online form before you can either download or print a boarding card.how much easier would that be....they dont need a printed form as its all filled in online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.