Faro

Old Feb 23rd 2019, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Karmal123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Faro

Hi I am considering Faro to live in.
Can people tell me a bit more about the place, what’s it like to live in all year round,availability of long term rentals,the more up market areas to live in, I’m looking for a 3/4 bed villa.
I was considering Lagos but long term rentals impossible to find so I’m looking elsewhere but I need to be near Lagoa.
I don’t like heavily built up areas and prefer to be in an area with some green.
Any ideas lovely people?
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faro

Originally Posted by Karmal123
Hi I am considering Faro to live in.
Can people tell me a bit more about the place, what’s it like to live in all year round,availability of long term rentals,the more up market areas to live in, I’m looking for a 3/4 bed villa.
I was considering Lagos but long term rentals impossible to find so I’m looking elsewhere but I need to be near Lagoa.
I don’t like heavily built up areas and prefer to be in an area with some green.
Any ideas lovely people?
Faro as a city is pleasant, well-equipped with commercial resources, good hospitals etc and , of course is right by the airport and has the main railway station for the Lisbon train. Loads of advantages but it is built-up with few really green areas so probably a "No" based on your criteria. If you need to be near Lagoa why not look a bit further along the 125 - Almancil and Vilamoura gateway to the up-market resorts of Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo has many good properties and lots of green. Better still head out into the surrounding countryside and there you will see many excellent villas . Long term rental is another issue, problematic anywhere in the Algarve as owners tend to focus on short-term holiday lets , what properties there are available are often offered for eight - ten months only.
Websites such as https://www.idealista.pt/en/arrendar...imao/portimao/ ( it is in english) will give you an idea of what is available but is not necessarily that up to date as properties go quite quickly.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 10:01 am
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faro

If you need to be near Lagoa why not Lagoa itself? If you're looking at something more upmarket there's plenty to meet that way of life around Carvoeiro, Vale da Pinta, Ferragudo. Wherever you pick there, you're a few minutes from various beaches, a choice of large supermarkets, banks, and for anything else you're 15 minutes drive from the city of Portimao. As long as you stay away from tourist centres the value for money is better than those areas nearer the airport.

Good luck!