Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

Old Nov 22nd 2020, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

The ones I sent were all a mix of PDF, JPG and one PNG file. Never heard anything at all, including whether the file types were appropriate.

I'll submit them all again. They have now received 4 different applications from me :-(
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suiko
The ones I sent were all a mix of PDF, JPG and one PNG file. Never heard anything at all, including whether the file types were appropriate.

I'll submit them all again. They have now received 4 different applications from me :-(
Have you even at least received the auto-reply from the ‘trocas’ email address to acknowledge receipt of your email? I have received that immediately both times.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mac and Mabel
Have you even at least received the auto-reply from the ‘trocas’ email address to acknowledge receipt of your email? I have received that immediately both times.
No, nothing, on any of the occasions.

Old Nov 22nd 2020, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

No, nothing, on any of the occasions.
Now, that is strange, then. Especially as, as I say, it’s clearly an auto-response. The address I emailed was [email protected]

Might be worth double-checking the address you emailed because that is very odd to have received nothing at all. As I say, I received the auto-acknowledgement both times, and that’s the same email address that ‘Maximino’ emailed from to let me know about the problem with my file formats.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Same email used each time, yes.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Same email used each time, yes.
Could the auto-responses have gone to your Junk Email? Mine didn’t, but...

I received this:
Resposta automática.

Acusamos a receção do seu email. Informa-se que o mesmo será processado com a maior brevidade.

O IMT, IP

The footer on the email about wrong file formats gave these contact details, if that’s any help:Maximino Escobar Moreno

Instituto da Mobilidade e dos Transportes, I.P.

[email protected]%20%7Cwww.imt-ip.pt

Call Center 808 20 12 12
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

Why not merge them all into a single PDF before trying again?

https://editor.cutepdf.com/ can cope with that job if you don't have any other method.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 10:48 am
Just Joined

planky is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I did my online application back in 23.10.20, and on 17.11.20 got email from IMT Braganca (I'm the other end of Portugal in the Algarve!) asking for the 30 euro payment within 10 days, yet asking me to now post my actual UK driving licence, Authentification Cert, res. cert, and actual form. I'm very nervous about parting with my UK driving licence. What if the GNR stop me? or in an accident? No guarantee I'll get a temporary one by return? I've never parted with my licence and driven around without one before.
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I received the same email but I've not sent the requested items yet as my understanding was that a certificate of authentication wasn't required.... Anybody with advice of knowledge of whether it is?

(like you a opposite end of country office dealing with it, Beja)
Old Nov 24th 2020, 7:09 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilotabroad
I received the same email but I've not sent the requested items yet as my understanding was that a certificate of authentication wasn't required.... Anybody with advice of knowledge of whether it is?
Having previously confidently stated that it isn't, I'm embarrassed to see that the current document on the IMT site regarding Brexit and driving licence recognition / exchange says it is :
Driving licences update

I thought that would only apply after the end of the transition period but it would appear not, unless I'm reading things wrong again.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 7:42 am
Just Joined

It's the inconsistency that gets me. Anyway I phoned DVLA yesterday and they were great, saying they generally fax Declarations of Authenticity to the IMT and I just needed to get the IMT's fax number. Of course it was nowhere to be found on the IMT site, and they (IMT) haven't yet replied to my email asking for it.......

Old Nov 24th 2020, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
Why not merge them all into a single PDF before trying again?

https://editor.cutepdf.com/ can cope with that job if you don't have any other method.
Thanks, Richard. I did convert them all to PDFs and sent again (including the authenticity document, which I luckily got when back in the UK recently. Fingers crossed!
Old Nov 24th 2020, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Update on Cert of Autheticity: just phoned DVLA again. They have been superb and said they'll post my certificate to me today.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 8:51 am
Just Joined

BTW, Certificate of Authenticity is called Cert of Entitlement at DVLA.
Old Nov 24th 2020, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by planky
BTW, Certificate of Authenticity is called Cert of Entitlement at DVLA.
And it’s form no. is D737
The number to call is 0044 300 790 6801
i used the web chat function the 2nd time - when the first one took ages to arrive but eventually did - but that 2nd one never did arrive, so maybe best to call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.