Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

Old Feb 22nd 2021, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: exchanging driving licence - where and when to make appointment?

There is a form online at the IMT site which is for exchange of foreign licences (Mod 37 IMT).
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

planky is an unknown quantity at this point

BillBullock is right, Modelo 37 and the DVLA cert.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
There is a form online at the IMT site which is for exchange of foreign licences (Mod 37 IMT).
Originally Posted by planky
BillBullock is right, Modelo 37 and the DVLA cert.
Cheers! Isn't that the one I filled out previously and scanned back in 'cause a field wasn't big enough for the information to be entered?!
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campos
Cheers! Isn't that the one I filled out previously and scanned back in 'cause a field wasn't big enough for the information to be entered?!
It probably is the same form. There is only one application form I think. A friend of mine had difficulty with it ages ago because his full name did not fit in the box. Goodness knows what they did about fitting it on the plastic licence. I must ask him.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond reputeMac and Mabel has a reputation beyond repute

Mad, isn’t it! And random - I was asked to send U.K. driving licence (which they seem to be asking for from you also), my completed Mod 37 form (already scanned!) and copy of residence certificate, but not the DVLA letter that they’re asking you to send. Maybe it’s worth you including all 4 - a copy of residence, too - just in case. Cover all bases. Nearly there, eh 👍
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nearly there, eh 👍[/QUOTE]
Depends what you mean by nearly there. Six months' ago I thought we were nearly there. Now we have a 6 month extension to our paper temporary licence.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

campos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond reputecampos has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, guys, I hope I'm nearly there! And yes, maybe a good idea to send everything they might require, even if sent already!
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Today I got my temporary bridge licence PDF. I am requested to send "Carta de Condução, Declaração de Autenticidade e formulário dopedido" via CTT within 20 days to IMT-IP

Delegação Distrital de Viana do Castelo

Rua Carolino Ramos, n.º 2, r/c

4904-852 VIANA DO CASTELO

I take it the second item listed above to send is the DVLA cert we got by fax or mail? And what do they intend as the application form, the last item listed? Any pointers welcome.
Seems to have been the day for emails, though mine slightly differs...

Segue a Guia de Substituição do Título deCondução que lhe permite conduzir até ao termo da validade que consta na mesma.Deverá verificar se está tudo correto e deverá enviar os originais dadocumentação (modelo 37 do IMT e carta de condução), para a seguinte morada
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 8:04 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I think what's appearing to be requests for duplicate submission of documents might be the requirement to submit originals of the documents already transmitted online.

Maybe?
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

What is general consensus of opinion regarding how long this process is now taking, from initial application online, to being asked to submit UK DL??
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wellinever
What is general consensus of opinion regarding how long this process is now taking, from initial application online, to being asked to submit UK DL??
I can offer my experience-
I sent off original application just before Christmas. Towards end of January I got a request to submit the same docs again using their (new?) uploadable form, the Mod 37 I'd previously scanned and sent in.
Yesterday I got the email asking me to send in my UK licence and supplying me with the PDF temporary licence.
So I from 22 December to yesterday it was 2 months so far.
I too would like to know how long it will take to receive my new plastic licence as I'll be in my current rented accom till the end of May. Receiving it here after then will complicate matters.
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Who here, if anyone, has received their plastic licence after submitting it to the address above, Viana do Castelo, not Faro?
If so, what were dates of submission and receipt?
(maybe has been mentioned somewhere previously but I've lost track in this long thread)

Old Feb 23rd 2021, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

I can offer my experience-
I sent off original application just before Christmas. Towards end of January I got a request to submit the same docs again using their (new?) uploadable form, the Mod 37 I'd previously scanned and sent in.
Yesterday I got the email asking me to send in my UK licence and supplying me with the PDF temporary licence.
So I from 22 December to yesterday it was 2 months so far.
I too would like to know how long it will take to receive my new plastic licence as I'll be in my current rented accom till the end of May. Receiving it here after then will complicate matters.
So basically 2 months before you were asked to surrender UK DL.
I would assume that it could therefore be used in UK until requested by IMT, as it would be in Portugal
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wellinever
So basically 2 months before you were asked to surrender UK DL.
I would assume that it could therefore be used in UK until requested by IMT, as it would be in Portugal
I assume same though I've not had reason to use.
Old Feb 23rd 2021, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I assume same though I've not had reason to use.
How long are you given to send off your UK DL after they get back to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.