Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)

Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)

Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

LindaandJohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)

Originally Posted by bandb67
hi all hope to b out soon, will take pics and if the holes no filled in would get ma spade out lol aye a shop would be great is that next to the top fountain?
I think it is. Have only been out once and there was a huge space of orange mud and rocks with a hole containing a hut! hut is now covered except the electric cable hanging out the top. Guess the second fountain is the pool on the other side of the road where we continually walked and named it 'dog.... Alley as we had to avoid all the mess as we walked through to the road with terrace houses.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:02 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillyt
Thanks for keeping us all updated. How much more is there to fill in of the big hole please? Do they seem to be working on it each day or just sporadically? Thx.
It's a bit on and off I'm afraid. One day the road will be crowded with lorries bringing in the earth etc and the next day nothing.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Anubis is an unknown quantity at this point

We appreciate the updates on activity on the site. We will be over ourselves at the end of the month. We thought 2 years ago that we we would now be coming to sit by the pool! not watching lorries transporting soil. Still it is a start, fingers crossed.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

bandb67 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers trog thanks for updates, aye no what u mean chagoi rome wasnt built in a day, wonders how long it took for the roman bridge to be built lol
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:40 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Photos I took earlier today:

Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)-sg103027.jpg

Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)-sg103028.jpg

Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)-sg103031.jpg

Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)-sg103032.jpg
Old Mar 10th 2010, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

gillyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Estrada da Fonte Salgada (Tavira)

Many, many thanks for taking the photos, they are great. Thanks too for the regular updates.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for taking the pics; let's hope they carry on the good work.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

bandb67 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers trog making me jealus, weather looks ok frezzin ere
Old Mar 28th 2010, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Has anyone got any updates on the landscaping/pool area in Estrada de Fonte?
Old Mar 28th 2010, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Alan and Lesley Whittle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gillyt, I was there 3 weeks ago and again last week, there is landscaping going on around the flat garden area on the main roadside around the ponds etc. There is a small cabin and some site fencing on the area that, our documents tell us is the pool area. (Opposite Lotte 2 on the front of the estate closest to Miramar)

Work seems slow, not surprising though due to the weather lately, previous threads lead us to believe the developer intends to have the pool done this year, "I'll believe it when I see it!!"

If anyone has any further info please enlighten us??
regards,
Alan.
Old Mar 28th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Alan for the update. Is Lot 2 behind the block of apartments with the circular balconies. Looking through the threads there seems to be some confusion as to number of each block. Also, has the big hole which was behind one of the ponds been filled in please?
Old Mar 28th 2010, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Alan and Lesley Whittle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Again Gillyt, Lotte 2 or (II) as it was originally known, is the block nearest to Tavira Town, ie the most southerly block or, closest to the sea if you like.

Sorry I'm not sure about the hole, if it is in the area of the ponds? looking at the landscaping photos showed in Tavira Trogs previous post, it may well have been filled in.

Which area do you have indicated for the pool? I believe some people were told it would be in the area behind us? I really don't care any more, any place for the pool will do!

I believe our builder went bust, so information from him is impossible, I also heard that, one of the most successful and established builders in the area is in big trouble financially, things don't look good for the main developer of the urbanisation if, he is waiting for other builders to buy the remaining plots off him.

I hope this helps.
regards,
Alan.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:26 am
C'est la vie

The problem is that the blocks were originally annotated as "lote" this that and the other. Later the entrances were given their road numbers. For example, our entrance was Lote 26 but is now number 1 Rua blah blah blah.

The work is intermittent, to say the least. It is difficult to see any pattern; we've had fine weather for nearly three weeks but very little has been done apart from filling in the big hole near to the largest pond.

Fingers crossed:fingerscro ssed:.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Thankd Tavira Trog. Is the hole completely filled in now please?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:33 pm
C'est la vie

Originally Posted by gillyt
Thankd Tavira Trog. Is the hole completely filled in now please?
Unfortunately no, but there's not far to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.