Reload this Page >

Estate agents in Cascais area

Estate agents in Cascais area

Old Jan 2nd 2019, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

MochaFiona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Estate agents in Cascais area

Happy New Year to everyone!
Many thanks to those who answered my previous posts!
I plan to be in the Cascais area around mid-January and would like to explore houses that are for sale. I am interested in contacting estate agents who are either English or French speaking. All I can find on Google are expensive agencies that cater to the rich and very rich. Does anyone have any suggestions for local contacts?
Many thanks!
Mochafiona
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

MrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really niceMrBife is just really nice
Default Re: Estate agents in Cascais area

You will quickly find that none will be very interested in engaging in more than one exchange of email and will just tell you to look at the website, find something you like and then come and view it. It is seen as a rich and expensive area and the only way to find 'bargains' is to walk around and ask, look for private sales and put some time into being there and making things happen yourself. You need to have funds in place and the ability to move quickly once you find the right thing as it's not going to wait for you. Good luck !
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly as Mrbife says!

after 2 years of dealing with incompetent and uninterested agents I very luckily came across one who also works as a search agent.... unbelievably pro active and efficient and tracking down properties even when not on the market or listed with other agents.

If you need her details I can forward them to you via pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 4:55 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilotabroad
Exactly as Mrbife says!

after 2 years of dealing with incompetent and uninterested agents I very luckily came across one who also works as a search agent.... unbelievably pro active and efficient and tracking down properties even when not on the market or listed with other agents.

If you need her details I can forward them to you via pm.
All agents are search agents, that us the only way they get listings in a very competitive market..
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

We moved up to the Lisbon are 18 months ago.

In the end, given the substantial price rises in Lisbon and along the Linha do Cascais, we ended up purchasing just South of Torres Vedras.

We are only 30 minutes by car from the Airport and Campo Grande.

We were in touch with over 30 agents and viewed over 60 properties in a period of 6 months.

We also contacted private sellers via idealista.pt and olx.pt

Most agents have limited knowledge of the structure of properties.

They are also notorious in trying to deflect questions.

It is very important to insist on seeing the legal documents pertaining to the property prior to even making an offer.

We found houses where the advertised area did not conform with the predial etc.

It's absolutely important that you have someone on your side who can read and understand the peculiar legal details.

In the end, we handled much of the negotiation ourselves, as the agent involved proved to be a right bunch of incompetents.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
All agents are search agents, that us the only way they get listings in a very competitive market..

Sorry but such a sweeping statement is 100% wrong
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

MochaFiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your comprehensive answers!
Old Jan 4th 2019, 7:07 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but such a sweeping statement is 100% wrong
No it's not, explain if you can how they get listings if they do not look for them , how they get sales if they do not work with other agents and local contacts..
Every month we are contacted by agents looking for properties to add to their books.
You forget that most employed by agents are not paid a salary or receive a very low one and rely on commission from sales.
If they do not put in the effort they do not get paid..
Old Jan 4th 2019, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

EMR I'm not going to get into a childish argument with you as I can see from your post history that you spend most of your time on this forum argueing with people.

The truth is that you can't speak for every/All estate agent... fact!

I have had dealings with a lot of them and for example when I requested a Remax agent to see what else they had I was told directly "we don't need to search, sellers come to us so if you can't see on the website then there is nothing availability"

So as I said.... your statement was wrong, don't take it so personal I was merely trying to help others as many here have helped me.

Now can we please leave it at that and return to the posters thread

Happy New Year
Old Jan 4th 2019, 7:52 am
EMR
Banned

EMR I'm not going to get into a childish argument with you as I can see from your post history that you spend most of your time on this forum argueing with people.

The truth is that you can't speak for every/All estate agent... fact!

I have had dealings with a lot of them and for example when I requested a Remax agent to see what else they had I was told directly "we don't need to search, sellers come to us so if you can't see on the website then there is nothing availability"

So as I said.... your statement was wrong, don't take it so personal I was merely trying to help others as many here have helped me.

Now can we please leave it at that and return to the posters thread

Happy New Year

You quote Remax there are literally thousands of other agents., all competing for listings, all competing for sales..
Working with others to find properties to meet their clients requirement.
literally walking around looking for properties that are or might be for sale.
Buyers need to realise that Portugal does not have the same the practices in their home countries and not to complain when things do not meet their expectations..
We hear the same complaints in our part of Portugal, prices too high, nothing for sale.
Probably from those whose budget or expectations are not met by the local market...
My advice, find a privately owned agent, not one of the franchises, like Remax .
My advice to the OP is the same as others, there is no substitute for covering the ground yourself..
look on Rightmove, ignore the portals which give you little information and from where you will probably not get a response..

Last edited by Rosemary; Jan 5th 2019 at 7:16 am. Reason: corrected quote