Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

English Speaking Radio in Portugal

English Speaking Radio in Portugal

Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:22 am
Just Joined

kayjayu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Speaking Radio in Portugal

Does anybody know of any English Speaking stations in Portugal?

I am looking for ones based in the country and not broadcasting to it from outside.

K
Old Oct 30th 2006, 11:52 am
Digging the tunnel

langkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to alllangkate is a name known to all
Default Re: English Speaking Radio in Portugal

I think one of the Portuguese radio stations transmits in English, though not all the time. KISS I believe it is, but don't quote me. We only get stations though the satellite dish so I am dragging up memories of holidays past.

Kate
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:42 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by langkate
I think one of the Portuguese radio stations transmits in English, though not all the time. KISS I believe it is, but don't quote me. We only get stations though the satellite dish so I am dragging up memories of holidays past.

Kate
Yep Kate thats right Kiss FM
I only ever hear it in Albufeira.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Inish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
Yep Kate thats right Kiss FM
I only ever hear it in Albufeira.
I have been in contact with Sagras FM about doing an English broadcast on Saturday morning, but they don,t seem to be interested. I find the English broadcast on Kiss FM on Sunday morning a little boring , so I thought something a little more exciting would not go amiss on Saturdays on another station . I really don,t blame them, why should they want to do a broadcast in English, we would not allow them to broadcast in Portuguese on an British station in England .
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:48 am
Just Joined

I just wanted to hear something myself when I am travelling there!

Many European countries now have foreign language services.

In the UK we have Asian and Greek language stations already!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Inish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of lightInish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kayjayu
I just wanted to hear something myself when I am travelling there!

Many European countries now have foreign language services.

In the UK we have Asian and Greek language stations already!
Remember ten million live in Portugal, sixty million live in the UK
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

The Canadian army have a radio station that they broadcast the world over "including Portugal", music is not bad at all and you get the news. I think it's on AM or MW, I will find out for sure....
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inish
Remember ten million live in Portugal, sixty million live in the UK

Forgot to say, that is one of the reasons we are all out here, overcrowding.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:45 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inish

Forgot to say, that is one of the reasons we are all out here, overcrowding.
That's very true. The reason I am coming to Portugal is that I'm fed up of walking sideways!!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
That's very true. The reason I am coming to Portugal is that I'm fed up of walking sideways!!
Thats just the effects of the vinho
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:54 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clerigogirl
Thats just the effects of the vinho
No I used to go out with a crabby woman! Ha!!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
No I used to go out with a crabby woman! Ha!!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:07 am
CinderellaHair

cinderellahair is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: English Speaking Radio in Portugal

Yes Kiss fm broadcasts on 95.8 and 101.2.

Does anybody know of any English Speaking stations in Portugal?

I am looking for ones based in the country and not broadcasting to it from outside.

K
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

Where can I hear Kiss FM ?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:18 am
CinderellaHair

cinderellahair is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: English Speaking Radio in Portugal

Its coverage can be intermittant. We are in Loulé and dont have a problem. It seems to be best around the central algarve and heading down to lagos. Towards the spanish border you loose it. During the weekdays, most of its in portuguese, but it the mornings on the half hour the news is in english 830 930 1030, and the adverts are usually english. the weekends are nearly all in english, but force of habit leaves our radios tuned in!!

there is also a website where you can listen, www.kissfm.?? maybe com or pt not sure.

Hi there

Thanks for the reply.

Where can I hear Kiss FM ?