Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

The English on Holiday

The English on Holiday

Old Jul 8th 2017, 3:11 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The English on Holiday

Originally Posted by macliam
Low air-pressure can increase the perceived effect of alcohol consumption, so on short-haul flights, I think alcohol should be banned, like smoking.

If Alcohol consumption required the amount of clear-up that smoking did, it would already be "banned" by the airlines..... but it's a quick way to make an extra buck.
I have flown as recently as this March on long haul flights where the only alcohol service was with meals and limited to 1 drink , with a second only served when the first had been consumed..
Nothing afterwards, this was in cattle class.
I agree short haul no need to serve alcohol but of course the excuse will be the revenue earned keeps prices down.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry. ISIS and the Caliphate will sort these guys out when they take power.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Low air-pressure can increase the perceived effect of alcohol consumption, so on short-haul flights, I think alcohol should be banned, like smoking.

If Alcohol consumption required the amount of clear-up that smoking did, it would already be "banned" by the airlines..... but it's a quick way to make an extra buck.
That's pretty crap for us normal non-arseholes though, so we all suffer because of a few? How about they just ban anyone for say 10 years from flying(or remove their passport) if they cause drunken disruption on a flight, surely that would be fairer?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 5:36 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedscottish
That's pretty crap for us normal non-arseholes though, so we all suffer because of a few? How about they just ban anyone for say 10 years from flying(or remove their passport) if they cause drunken disruption on a flight, surely that would be fairer?
French and Spanish police assisting the GNR in Albufeira.
Welcomed by their nationals on holiday. ( Portugal News ).

A flight was diverted to Bristol earlier this week on its way from Scotland to Spain, 3 passengers removed.
Guess the cause ?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 6:20 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
French and Spanish police assisting the GNR in Albufeira.
Welcomed by their nationals on holiday. ( Portugal News ).

A flight was diverted to Bristol earlier this week on its way from Scotland to Spain, 3 passengers removed.
Guess the cause ?
Lack of roughage?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Lack of roughage?
Should have ate their Muesli!
Old Jul 12th 2017, 8:56 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Should have ate their Muesli!
They probably left their "muesli" on the runway!
Old Aug 14th 2017, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

No comment !

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nken-behaviour
Old Aug 14th 2017, 2:53 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve
... I.M.O. What they're desperate to avoid reporting is the widespread fragmentation inside the UK caused by current policies- & potential impact abroad. The fragmentation/ disintegration is on many levels - social unrest, the remoteness of govt., its agencies, etc. but it all pivots on the need to maintain the façade of the UK as a stable home for legal foreign investment, or dirty hot-money for washing. Whether it's the London fire, Hillsborough, the recent (unreported) weekend clashes between cultures in London, Manchester, Birmingham, etc. the pattern is clear. 'Managed decline' is turning into fast-track disintegration.

But - let me end by saying that whether it's 6, 60 or 600 rioting Brits (or not), the potential is that if other nations perceive this as a regular problem (without UK coverage or action) they'll re-act. Portugal, for instance, could well take a much tougher line on Brits if they perceive them, by policy, to be a good deal poorer but allowed to be a lot more aggressive abroad.
Well, it’s nice to be finally vindicated - even if it’s by the UK’s Extremist Propaganda Mouthpiece (holds it at barge-pole length)

Airlines call for ban on passengers drinking their own booze as arrests for drunken behaviour soar

… and guess which UK county is worst – Why what a surprise!! ESSEX. Now, excuse me before I get told-off again.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rhody
I think the word you meant to use is censure not sensor or censor. Censure is to express severe disapproval of (someone or something), especially in a formal statement. I believe this is what you would like the British Embassy in Lisbon to do and I wholeheartedly agree!
Missed this post. Your quite right. combination of my spelling and predictive text
Old Aug 14th 2017, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
No comment ,other than this reflects on the "sad state" the UK has sliped into!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...related-cancer
It's interesting when the same body recommended drinking one glass of red wine a day ,to keep the heart healthy.less than a month ago.
I am betting they are also the same people who recommended taking an aspirin a day to prevent heart attack and stroke.Then removed that advice six months later ,stating that Aspirin was dangerous and caused ulcerated stomachs and uncontrolled bleeding in the brain after a stroke.

We have a very big problem with actually knowing who to believe in the medical world these days. Especially when it is driven by profit from Big Pharma.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, it’s nice to be finally vindicated - even if it’s by the UK’s Extremist Propaganda Mouthpiece (holds it at barge-pole length)

Airlines call for ban on passengers drinking their own booze as arrests for drunken behaviour soar

… and guess which UK county is worst – Why what a surprise!! ESSEX. Now, excuse me before I get told-off again.
Re-The call for a ban on passengers consuming their OWN booze on board. Surely that's not going far enough. It leaves the airline with carte blanche to just dish up their own costly booze on board.and as demonstrated doesn't stop the drunks. Plus the crew don't like to tackle them

i.e. I bought my own sandwiches and a tiny one glass+bottle of rose wine to drink on an Easy jet flight last month. (why? because it was much cheaper,fresher and nicer, and they couldn't provide either the food or drink i had wanted on the inward flight)
My OH also had his own sandwich but ordered a beer. When the stewardess saw my little bottle she roundly and LOUDLY castigated me for consuming it on board. and followed that with a warning that 'I had better not have anymore in my bag'. i was obviously not a drunk,nor likely to become one.I think she picked on me as a soft target. There were many young men on board who had obviously already imbibed ,and were continuing to do so. I asked her if what she had said was Easy jet policy .She said it was. A blatant lie as I found out later.iI did not appreciate being singled out in that way and complained to Easy jet .Needless to say no reply has been forthcoming
So it seems it's an either /or situation.. I like a drink with my meal,but if it gets rid of this menace than for me ban the sale /use of alcohol on all flights . including onboard as well. End of..
Old Aug 17th 2017, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Amazingly in the year of overwhelming tourist numbers being recorded .The three villa's next to ours,that are normally 100% occupied throughout season with tourists,have been virtually empty these past four months. Yeah! no idea why ,but it has been bliss,

I say 'has been' because two days ago the 'screamer family' arrived behind us. Some kid who started screaming at a 100 decibels at 7am and continued until 8.30 pm with little or no break .

Today another slightly less 'screamer family ' (they take breaks ) arrived next door. It would have been obvious to a deaf ,blind,mute that they had neighbours next door...and um .they are not in a Butlins holiday camp,but on a quiet residential estate..but no. They are both Brits. It's just in the DNA to be loud and obnoxiously oblivious of anyone else.At least it is with this generation it seems.
Whatever prevented the usual renting success this year I sincerely hope it continues....
Old Aug 17th 2017, 4:10 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Amazingly in the year of overwhelming tourist numbers being recorded .The three villa's next to ours,that are normally 100% occupied throughout season with tourists,have been virtually empty these past four months. Yeah! no idea why ,but it has been bliss,

I say 'has been' because two days ago the 'screamer family' arrived behind us. Some kid who started screaming at a 100 decibels at 7am and continued until 8.30 pm with little or no break .

Today another slightly less 'screamer family ' (they take breaks ) arrived next door. It would have been obvious to a deaf ,blind,mute that they had neighbours next door...and um .they are not in a Butlins holiday camp,but on a quiet residential estate..but no. They are both Brits. It's just in the DNA to be loud and obnoxiously oblivious of anyone else.At least it is with this generation it seems.
Whatever prevented the usual renting success this year I sincerely hope it continues....
... yes, but post-Brexit they shouldn't be able to come (easily) anymore..... A silver lining to every cloud...
Old Aug 17th 2017, 4:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

... yes, but post-Brexit they shouldn't be able to come (easily) anymore..... A silver lining to every cloud...
Hopefully they'll prefer this, not holding my breath though...
Attached Thumbnails The English on Holiday-screenshot_2017-08-17-12-31-40%7E3.png  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.