Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

The English on Holiday

The English on Holiday

Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The English on Holiday

It never end's

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ident-on-board
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:16 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
I thought this was about the cabinet flying back from Florence!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
Yer see ,I don't get this? HOW can a passenger be allowed on board the flight in the first place if they are drunk?
Indeed if they are merely 'happy and boisterous ' how do they get from there to 'roaring ,abusive drunk.' WITHOUT the help of the cabin crew giving them drinks.?
If my tiny 'one glass' bottle of rose wine, I bought with my lunch at the airport, ,was loudly proclaimed as 'Not easy jet policy to bring drinks on board madam ' and more would not be tolerated. (they almost searched my bag) .I am at a loss as to how this could have happened.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 1:38 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB
Yer see ,I don't get this? HOW can a passenger be allowed on board the flight in the first place if they are drunk?
Indeed if they are merely 'happy and boisterous ' how do they get from there to 'roaring ,abusive drunk.' WITHOUT the help of the cabin crew giving them drinks.?
If my tiny 'one glass' bottle of rose wine, I bought with my lunch at the airport, ,was loudly proclaimed as 'Not easy jet policy to bring drinks on board madam ' and more would not be tolerated. (they almost searched my bag) .I am at a loss as to how this could have happened.
Doesnt happen on BA club class... the trolly dolly walks by every 10 mins ‘top up sir’ then after the first 2 hours transatlantic - ‘shall i leave the bottle sir’ - better class of hooligan, we dont abuse the staff, just the bottles :-)
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 4:11 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Doesnt happen on BA club class... the trolly dolly walks by every 10 mins ‘top up sir’ then after the first 2 hours transatlantic - ‘shall i leave the bottle sir’ - better class of hooligan, we dont abuse the staff, just the bottles :-)
Trolley dolly, really showing your age and attitudes.
Try saying that on a flight todayand the bottle may still be left but via a bounce off your forehead.😆😆
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 4:40 pm

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Trolley dolly, really showing your age and attitudes.
Try saying that on a flight todayand the bottle may still be left but via a bounce off your forehead.� ����� ����
LOL, at least the bottles here are glass, the answer is not if you turn left on boarding, the dollys of both sexes know they are on a decent gig, and are all treated well by the custoners, the truth that they are glorified waitresses isnt exactly a secret... im sure The management love to tell them during pay discussions they are essential to safety, which is ok by me should we all head towards the pearly gates at 550 mph but otherwise, “yes my dear, love a top up...”
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 9:48 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

.... Just make all the troublesome airports, the airlines involved and their associated facilities alcohol free...... job done- right???
Trolley-Dollies and glorified waitresses uk_grenada ?? (gasp!!! ) ... clearly you're in need of some major PC re-education inside one of UK Nanny-State's Special Centres.......
But here's an odd thing; - some of us of 'a certain age' recall airlines such as British Caledonian, Dan-Air and others where this kind of thing hardly occurred.. have attitudes changed that much??
Old Sep 24th 2017, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve
.... Just make all the troublesome airports, the airlines involved and their associated facilities alcohol free...... job done- right???
Trolley-Dollies and glorified waitresses uk_grenada ?? (gasp!!! ) ... clearly you're in need of some major PC re-education inside one of UK Nanny-State's Special Centres.......
But here's an odd thing; - some of us of 'a certain age' recall airlines such as British Caledonian, Dan-Air and others where this kind of thing hardly occurred.. have attitudes changed that much??
Attitudes have changed.. A generation (or two ) in the uk have come to believe you are not having fun ,if you are not drunk. It is pushed everywhere . On TV ,in films,even in my favourite books.Just reading the latest book by Marion Keyes where everyone has to be 'scuttered' to make or break relationships. It is deemed funny to be sick in the street. It is a loveable weakest to be shouting abuse at the neighbours at 5am.

The fall of Rome comes to mind.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 9:16 am

People have always got stocious, legless, blind drunk, but i think people now feel empowered to use that to use aggression. It didnt used to be that way normally, have people just forgotten how to be drunk, were we trained how to be good drunks, or is it something new in the booze? Now, the nhs will make sure you dont kill yourself, the police will assist you in getting into a good ruck then provide a bed for the night at a similar cost/fine to premier inn, is it all too easy?
Old Sep 24th 2017, 5:51 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
People have always got stocious, legless, blind drunk, but i think people now feel empowered to use that to use aggression. It didnt used to be that way normally, have people just forgotten how to be drunk, were we trained how to be good drunks, or is it something new in the booze? Now, the nhs will make sure you dont kill yourself, the police will assist you in getting into a good ruck then provide a bed for the night at a similar cost/fine to premier inn, is it all too easy?
Good drunks, you have obviously never lived in any town with a military community or in fact anywhere in the real world.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Walking through Lagos last evening at 7pm. Lots of families in town,sitting at outside restaurants in the narrow streets. Others strolling along window shopping. Suddenly from nowhere comes four very loud,very red faced Brits. Three men and a woman. They stumble to a group sitting quietly having a drink,push into them and one guy squeezes the breast of the woman and makes a honking noise. They then stagger, screaming with laughter at this 'hilarious joke' across the street to a bar on the other side.Practically bowling over two little kids in the process. One guy is literally yelling. Da ya see that,Da ya see that?

YEP matey we all saw it and cringed with embarrassment- Shop keepers and restauranteurs all came out to their steps to watch the dumbass Brits.. Once again

Last edited by GeniB; Sep 30th 2017 at 2:50 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

I'm tired!

I'm ashamed!

This is one of the reasons we decamped from Lagos up to Mafra area!

We only speak Portuguese here!

Few tourists apart from the odd French Caravan.

Went to a son et lumieré at the Mafra Basilica couple of weeks ago.

Couple of thousand locals on a Saturday night. No lewdness!

A delight!
Old Sep 30th 2017, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Better to have the locals think you are a villainous Albanian sheep-stealer with homicidal intent than to have them suspect you are an English tourist !
Old Sep 30th 2017, 4:05 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

I have long held a view that Liberal use of blunt gelding-tongs on such Brits does not form an infringement of their ECHR
... The pity is, that the ignorant & uninformed Brit public haven't a clue that any number of Europeans will be glad to see the back of these UK 'tourists'.
sigh... never thought I'd say this, but this IS one advantage of Brexit - to the other member states, who should be able to restrict the numbers.
Old Sep 30th 2017, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

barlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond reputebarlaventoexpert has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.