Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Email for camaras

Email for camaras

Old Sep 5th 2020, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Email for camaras

Did someone post an email for a camara on here? I can't find it but there are so many posts. If anyone has one can you post it again or lead me to where I can find it? Many thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2020, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Email for camaras

To find the website for any given Câmara the best way would be to Google for "Câmara Municipal" and the name of the town. Within that site will be the Contactos page for that specific Câmara.
Old Sep 5th 2020, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
To find the website for any given Câmara the best way would be to Google for "Câmara Municipal" and the name of the town. Within that site will be the Contactos page for that specific Câmara.
Thanks
Old Sep 7th 2020, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to communicate in Portuguese.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had to communicate with the Camara in Tavira and we did it in English, the very helpful woman who works at that office in Tavira replied to us in English.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robbie20
We had to communicate with the Camara in Tavira and we did it in English, the very helpful woman who works at that office in Tavira replied to us in English.
Did you email her?
Old Sep 7th 2020, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed in English and received a reply in Portuguese saying that all correspondence was to be in Portuguese.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shanorme
I emailed in English and received a reply in Portuguese saying that all correspondence was to be in Portuguese.
I wonder if they'd accept stuttering Portuguese, I could just about manage that, very basic of course.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bons
I wonder if they'd accept stuttering Portuguese, I could just about manage that, very basic of course.
Surely with Google Translate etc. it's possible to send an email in the local language. At least if you do it sentence by sentence it's never too far off and I managed to do it in Spain.
Most would probably find it rude if you sent an email in English.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Surely with Google Translate etc. it's possible to send an email in the local language. At least if you do it sentence by sentence it's never too far off and I managed to do it in Spain.
Most would probably find it rude if you sent an email in English.
I'd compose my own, then check with google translate, but I think google translate is Brazilian. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if it's a bit wrong as long as I can convey what I need.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd compose my own, then check with google translate, but I think google translate is Brazilian. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if it's a bit wrong as long as I can convey what I need.
At least in Spain (Catalonia) I have found that it works and if you apologise, they usually reply in English. It shows you want to make an effort.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

robbie20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's all the little 'do, 'no' 'pelo' 'numa' type words that trip me up. Still at a basic level of course.

Last edited by bons; Sep 7th 2020 at 2:36 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 2:34 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Google translate is Brazilian...... try DEEPL for translation - it isn't perfect but it gives you a choice of Brazilian OR Portuguese.

To see how different this can be just type "catch the bus " and check the different translations......
Old Sep 7th 2020, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by macliam
Google translate is Brazilian...... try DEEPL for translation - it isn't perfect but it gives you a choice of Brazilian OR Portuguese.

To see how different this can be just type "catch the bus " and check the different translations......
Thanks for that, very useful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.