Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

EDP Solar Panels, Smart Meter & EDP Re:dy Question

EDP Solar Panels, Smart Meter & EDP Re:dy Question

Old Jun 18th 2018, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Mark_Helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EDP Solar Panels, Smart Meter & EDP Re:dy Question

We finally decided to have installed 4 solar panels by EDP in May which included a new smart meter. It was my last day in Portugal before returning to the UK so was keen to get it all resolved. Installers did a great job of fitting panels on 17th May however the smart meter change was not done as promised as second crew did not arrive.

As the meter is outside of property, I left the wifi password and a lead given by solar panel installers in the meter box.
I've now been informed by my uncle who permanently lives in Portugal that EDP must have just turned up and done the swap sometime in last 2 weeks. The solar panels have now been switched on.
I'm hoping everything is now set up correctly however the phone app I have for EDP Re:dy is not showing me any consumption or generation at the property. I remember reading somewhere that it may take a week or 2 for data to start displaying or was that reports?
Can anyone advise what they saw on their app in the first days once all was installed?

Many thanks

Mark
Old Jun 19th 2018, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

alf1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDP Solar Panels, Smart Meter & EDP Re:dy Question

Hello
Sorry I don't have any info about the app etc but I am very curious about your installation & was wondering if you could give me some info as for a long time it has puzzled me as to why in a country with so much sunshine that more people have not installed solar panels. I have heard that the feed in tariff (fit) is virtually nothing & that is one of the reasons why people have not bothered also I was told that they are far more expensive than in the UK which makes the payback virtually unachieveable.