EDP online

Old Dec 11th 2022, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EDP online

Originally Posted by Midgo
But its never boring

They also say the older you get the more irritable you become too.
Thats possibly true, but more out of frustration that everything seems to take so long, and the older you are the less of that you have.
Not confined to PT, but worse here than UK, in my experience.
But maybe because at least I fully understand whats going on there, and very rarely do here.
Old Dec 11th 2022, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Thats possibly true, but more out of frustration that everything seems to take so long, and the older you are the less of that you have.
Not confined to PT, but worse here than UK, in my experience.
But maybe because at least I fully understand whats going on there, and very rarely do here.

Yes, I think so too. I was referring to myself though.

Yes, I think worse, for sure, but immigrants like me always have rose coloured spectacles when looking back 'home' (PT is my home)

I used to think I didnt understand because my Portuguese was at fault, but now I know that it is because of the very specific flavour of 'reasoning' and 'logic' used locally
... and because quantity is more important than accuracy when it comes to communication
... and showing you are in control trumps everything, much like the much repeated myth that there is no translation for 'Saudades' in English - there is no Portuguese translation for 'I don't know'.
Old Dec 11th 2022, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

zoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nicezoff is just really nice

In the US when you call customer support you have a very long wait and when finally someone answers, the person has an incomprehensible accent. The accents mostly sound Indian, once I had someone who sounded Scottish, still incomprehensible to me
Old Dec 12th 2022, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think so too. I was referring to myself though.

Yes, I think worse, for sure, but immigrants like me always have rose coloured spectacles when looking back 'home' (PT is my home)

I used to think I didnt understand because my Portuguese was at fault, but now I know that it is because of the very specific flavour of 'reasoning' and 'logic' used locally
... and because quantity is more important than accuracy when it comes to communication
... and showing you are in control trumps everything, much like the much repeated myth that there is no translation for 'Saudades' in English - there is no Portuguese translation for 'I don't know'.
I couldn`t agree more with the sentiment of he who shouts most and loudest wins the case..............how many times I have been in conversation with a Portuguese person, where I just cannot get a word in...........they have a knack of asking a question and then going on to answer it themselves........something which is not normal practice in UK, dunno about anywhere else...........sometimes I just stand and smile to myself
Old Dec 13th 2022, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn`t agree more with the sentiment of he who shouts most and loudest wins the case..............how many times I have been in conversation with a Portuguese person, where I just cannot get a word in...........they have a knack of asking a question and then going on to answer it themselves........something which is not normal practice in UK, dunno about anywhere else...........sometimes I just stand and smile to myself
Oh yes, when in a Portuguese conversation with multiple people its all talking at once, quite an amazing skill really, to talk without listening to anyone else
I am much better at it now but still find it really hard to not be put off by what the other people are saying, they seem to have noise cancelling built in

Of course, there is usually one (always a guy) who has some sort of respect and everyone will listen to him no matter what drivel he says (or if he just repeated what you said but then everyone ignored it - must be what women feel like sometimes)

As someone (Portuguese) said to me recently, the most shameful thing is not that we suffered a dictator for 50 years, but that its 50 years that we haven't had one

Last edited by Midgo; Dec 13th 2022 at 12:15 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh yes, when in a Portuguese conversation with multiple people its all talking at once, quite an amazing skill really, to talk without listening to anyone else
I am much better at it now but still find it really hard to not be put off by what the other people are saying, they seem to have noise cancelling built in

Of course, there is usually one (always a guy) who has some sort of respect and everyone will listen to him no matter what drivel he says (or if he just repeated what you said but then everyone ignored it - must be what women feel like sometimes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE3r_CgScms

As someone (Portuguese) said to me recently, the most shameful thing is not that we suffered a dictator for 50 years, but that its 50 years that we haven't had one

perfect
Old Dec 13th 2022, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE3r_CgScms

This could also be in Hong Kong 🇭🇰. Same thing, everyone talks at once and no one’s me seems to listen, and all carried out with lots of decibels!!!
Old Dec 13th 2022, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

If the edp site is down you can use

https://www.e-redes.pt/pt-pt

​​​​​​and submit the readings there
Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

well as the girl in the office said try later............today EDP site is working correctly (for me at least)
Old Dec 15th 2022, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

well as the girl in the office said try later............today EDP site is working correctly (for me at least)
and me.
Old Dec 15th 2022, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Por favor, tente novamente mais tarde

Whenever faced with these challenges, remember the positive side

Old Dec 15th 2022, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

you have to laugh......14 years old.....
nowt to do with EDP !!! but a laugh
Old Dec 17th 2022, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Went to EDP today to input readings for December.........here is what it says !!!

De momento não é possível aceder a esta página.
Voltará tudo ao normal no domingo, dia 17. Lamentamos o incómodo.

In Portuguese does that mean Saturday the 17th or Sunday the 18th???
Old Dec 17th 2022, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Goggle translation;
Someday, 32nd of Distemper
Old Dec 17th 2022, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Bout right........something else I must now remember again......or miss the deadline and end up with EDP guestimating my usage (to their advantage of course, esp if the cost will reduce after Jan 1)