EDP deadline.

Old Feb 28th 2015, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EDP deadline.

I believe the idea is to keep increasing the rates until you make the change.
My experience was exactly the same as Bejaboz [thanks for saving me from having to write it down...].
Then some EDP tech guys came by the house to check my meter, told me it was wired wrong, and my bill went from 300 down to 45 for each 2 months.
I suspect it will bounce back when I turn on the irrigation pumps again in summer though.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I believe the idea is to keep increasing the rates until you make the change.
My experience was exactly the same as Bejaboz [thanks for saving me from having to write it down...].
Then some EDP tech guys came by the house to check my meter, told me it was wired wrong, and my bill went from 300 down to 45 for each 2 months.
I suspect it will bounce back when I turn on the irrigation pumps again in summer though.

Thats why I got fake grass live!
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I have 15,000 M2 of grass; that would be a lot of plastic!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Thank you for explaining. Seems I need to check this out. We haven't even thought about our utility bills since we bought our place over 5 years ago. The estate agent sorted them all out for us helping us to set up the DD. We get paper bills which we really only have for notification but I don't remember getting anything else but anything that was all in Portuguese and did not look like a bill I would probably have thought was a circular. We do have a key holder who would I thought would tell us if our services got cut off. What if I do nothing?
As an EDP customer, my understanding is you will continue to receive a supply if under 20.7kva until the end of December this year. After that I believe you will probably still be supplied but at a higher charge per unit.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I have 15,000 M2 of grass; that would be a lot of plastic!

Mmmm Camomile Lawn?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:53 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bejaboz
As an EDP customer, my understanding is you will continue to receive a supply if under 20.7kva until the end of December this year. After that I believe you will probably still be supplied but at a higher charge per unit.
Is it not better to chnage now and save money right away ?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

bejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nicebejaboz is just really nice

Originally Posted by EMR
Is it not better to chnage now and save money right away ?
I'd agree the earlier the better rather than a last minute rush. Not sure how much of a saving there would be if remaining with EDP. We changed online with EDP Commercial and the rates are the same with a 2% discount.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:33 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

But if you are still with the old EDP schemes then you could be subject to increases every few month.
EDP commercial is the new company.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GeniB
Mmmm Camomile Lawn?
That would be an idea; I seeded it once [just grass, not camomile], now I just water and mow it.
I have a largish mower for that.
The power bill is too high, but soon we're getting pressurized irrigation water that won't need to pass through my pumps, I can run it straight to the sprayers.
No one will say how much we'll pay for he water though...
Old Mar 4th 2015, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bejaboz
Thanks. Just discovered my bank branch - Barclays has closed down so have to open a new account and sort out my DD anyway so will do this too.!
Old Mar 29th 2015, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

sandyeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi has anyone been into the local agent to change the contract to EDP commercial ? Our local agent is in Tavira.
Old Mar 29th 2015, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sandyeo
Hi has anyone been into the local agent to change the contract to EDP commercial ? Our local agent is in Tavira.
We went into the EDP offices to change our DD to our new bank and nothing was mentioned about he need to change our account. Is this a myth as no one I spoke to had a clue what this was about.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 12:06 am
EMR
Banned

We went into the EDP offices to change our DD to our new bank and nothing was mentioned about he need to change our account. Is this a myth as no one I spoke to had a clue what this was about.
Certainly not a myth 100,s thousands of consumers have already switched to EDP commercial or alternative suppliers.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

... nothing was mentioned about he need to change our account. Is this a myth as no one I spoke to had a clue what this was about.
At the earliest any deadline is 9 months away. Why would your existing supplier (EDPSU) encourage you to change supplier any earlier than necessary? At the moment you're their customer and progressively paying an ever-increasing premium for the privilege. If you change, it might be to someone else.
Old Mar 31st 2015, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichardHenshall
At the earliest any deadline is 9 months away. Why would your existing supplier (EDPSU) encourage you to change supplier any earlier than necessary? At the moment you're their customer and progressively paying an ever-increasing premium for the privilege. If you change, it might be to someone else.

Thanks for this info - so the best thing would be is to go and do it now as no doubt later there will be more people and longer queues. As a non speaker of Portuguese what should I be asking for when I go into the office. I am happy to stay with EDP but want the best deal. Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.