British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   easyjet (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/easyjet-943468/)

nigel.b Apr 5th 2022 7:07 pm

easyjet

Now cancelling flights all over the place at very short notice.
The problem is that people who have some time ago booked flights that are suddenly changed have also booked things connected to their original flights:
- transport to the airport
- accommodation at the airport
- accommodation on arrival.
It's great to be travelling again but will be very wary of Easyjet. Others probably no better. I'm about £130 out of pocket by a forced change.

Shanorme Apr 5th 2022 7:19 pm

Re: easyjet

I doubt it's just going to be EasyJet. Covid cases are escalating and staff shortages are not only affecting airlines but airports as well. Take note all of you people who seem incapable of wearing a mask properly!

spouse of scouse Apr 6th 2022 12:42 am

It's best to only book accommodation and other services that provide free cancellation. The rates are sometimes higher than non-refundable bookings but it's worth it, especially if it's a 'big trip'.

Husband and I had booked 9 weeks in the UK and Europe, with stopovers in Istanbul and Kuala Lumpur, for a trip commencing in March 2020. The closure of Australia's international borders put paid to that, not that we wanted to risk travelling then anyway. Cancelling the accommodation in various countries was easy due to the 'free cancellation' clause.

Rosemary Apr 6th 2022 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Shanorme (Post 13106001)
I doubt it's just going to be EasyJet. Covid cases are escalating and staff shortages are not only affecting airlines but airports as well. Take note all of you people who seem incapable of wearing a mask properly!

Thanks for putting the blame where it truly belongs. Unfortunately there are people in every country who believe that they do not have to be compliant or respectful of others they come into contact with.

Rosemary

Shanorme Apr 6th 2022 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 13106077)
Thanks for putting the blame where it truly belongs. Unfortunately there are people in every country who believe that they do not have to be compliant or respectful of others they come into contact with.

Rosemary

Yes, I have noticed it and it is most frustrating. Speaking to a flight attendant not too long ago and she said that whilst they try and get people to wear their masks properly, it's a nerve wrecking experience because of the aggressive behaviour that they have to cope with.

GrahamF Apr 6th 2022 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Shanorme (Post 13106079)
Yes, I have noticed it and it is most frustrating. Speaking to a flight attendant not too long ago and she said that whilst they try and get people to wear their masks properly, it's a nerve wrecking experience because of the aggressive behaviour that they have to cope with.

Last flight we were on from Manchester, couple across the isle managed to make 2 cans of beer, one each, last 3 hours so they didn't have to wear masks. Totally different attitude here in Portugal where most accept masks are sensible.

Score76 Apr 6th 2022 9:06 am

Has anyone noticed the French are more inclined to wear their mask to protect against Covid Elbow?​​​​

scrubbedexpat142 Apr 6th 2022 9:25 am

Stepdaughter & husband had their weezy jet flight back from Italy last Friday cancelled. Managed to make alternate arrangements (at cost) and got back Saturday.

Shanorme Apr 6th 2022 10:56 am

Originally Posted by GrahamF (Post 13106089)
Last flight we were on from Manchester, couple across the isle managed to make 2 cans of beer, one each, last 3 hours so they didn't have to wear masks. Totally different attitude here in Portugal where most accept masks are sensible.

Yes, Portugal is definitely more sensible. The worst flights I have consistently had are to and from the Netherlands and to and from Britain. Make adherence is terrible.... loads of 'chin supports' and 'nose slings' visible!