Reload this Page >

Driving licence exchange post Brexit

Driving licence exchange post Brexit

Old Sep 6th 2020, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

corleycraig147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving licence exchange post Brexit

You say '

anyone who became resident in PT prior to 31/12/18 will immediately have an invalid licence'

Not true
Old Sep 6th 2020, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Helen248 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by corleycraig147
You say '

anyone who became resident in PT prior to 31/12/18 will immediately have an invalid licence'

Not true
Hi

This is a really old thread from Feb. I’m not sure what you are trying to say but I have sorted my licence now and exchanged U.K one for a Portuguese one.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Where does one get the D737(?) form? It doesn't seem to be available on gov.uk.

The above link from Mitzi is just for a code which is valid for three weeks only. This is what you need if you rent a car in some countries (in much of Latin America in particular it seems to be a must), but I can't imaine it would be acceptable to the IMT.
Old Sep 8th 2020, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suiko
Where does one get the D737(?) form? It doesn't seem to be available on gov.uk.

The above link from Mitzi is just for a code which is valid for three weeks only. This is what you need if you rent a car in some countries (in much of Latin America in particular it seems to be a must), but I can't imaine it would be acceptable to the IMT.
You have to either telephone DVLA on 0300 7906801 or, if you can't get an answer, do a web chat on the DVLA site and ask for a D737 Certificate to be sent to you in the post (or faxed to you if you have a fax machine).
Old Sep 8th 2020, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

suiko is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Bill!

Does anyone know if it is actually possible to access the DVLA chat? Is it operative? I can see no reference to it on the gov.uk site. and when I attempted to email to ask for the D737, I got the message "This service is closed". Maybe someone has a DVLA email?

Last edited by suiko; Sep 8th 2020 at 5:10 pm.