doggy travel

Old Jul 21st 2007, 11:08 am
Just Joined

maverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the rough
Default doggy travel

anyone out there who has used a pet transport company. we have our little pet jack russel who needs to come over to live with us full time in lagos in october also what sort of prices do you reckon we should agree to
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

maverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the roughmaverick1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: doggy travel

just got a price from thompson fly its £350 for the dog plus £50 for a travel
cage from uk to faro.

just got a price from thompson fly for wife and 3 suitcases £71

sounds very expensive i may have to leave the wife in uk
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:48 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

CHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to allCHOPPER is a name known to all
Cool Re: doggy travel

Last November my wifes relatives flew out from Edinburgh with Globespan for 39 pounds each, their 2 persian cats cost them 908 pounds
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Sibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the roughSibs is a jewel in the rough

Same for us, 2 people £100, 1 cat £360!

Sarah
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:18 pm
Time is always a problem

jogl will become famous soon enoughjogl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sibs
Same for us, 2 people £100, 1 cat £360!

Sarah
You're all barking mad!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:41 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

What about driving down? I haven't decided how we'll transport our 2 Boxers yet.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

We took our dog on the boat to Santander, we could be with her, she was in the car and there was a dedicated dog walking deck, She couldn't understand it would be OK to pee and held on for 24 hours, but otherwise was fine and not stressed, my friend goes every 6 months with her dog.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

Six months seems a long time to wait for a pee with your dog!?!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

could...not...resist...
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:22 am
Just Joined

just had a phone call that the price for my little doggy to go down with a van full of other animals for £ 250 in oct- that sounds more like my sort of price range - however now i am worried about his welfare in a strange enviroment
for three days
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derbyflan
What about driving down? I haven't decided how we'll transport our 2 Boxers yet.
We drove down last November from Middlesex to Eastern Algarve via Dover-Calais with two elderly dogs in the back of our old Range Rover. Stopped every 2 or 3 hours for coffee / water / pee breaks and overnighted in cheap dog-friendly hotels. Absolutely no problems for 2-legged or 4-legged passengers.

Regards

Graeme
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:41 pm
ex-squaddie

Originally Posted by maverick1
just had a phone call that the price for my little doggy to go down with a van full of other animals for £ 250 in oct- that sounds more like my sort of price range - however now i am worried about his welfare in a strange enviroment
for three days
I don't like the sound of that. I'm no animal therapist but that would stress my 2 out big time. For the sake of £100 fly your dog please! I'd be interested to know who is running this operation. Sounds like the RSPCA should pay a visit.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:50 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like the sound of that. I'm no animal therapist but that would stress my 2 out big time. For the sake of £100 fly your dog please! I'd be interested to know who is running this operation. Sounds like the RSPCA should pay a visit.
I second that, in fact, if they are transporting animals they will be registered somewhere.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maverick1
for three days
Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I second that, in fact, if they are transporting animals they will be registered somewhere.
Have you thought what this might do to your dog? Transporting pets can cause all sorts of anxieties for the animals. What arrnagements do they have for each ani,al? Is the cage they are to be put in large enough for the dog to actually move?? Toiletting arrangements? Food/drink?

At least if you drove/ ferried your pet over, you would be in control of the animal and lessen it's nervousness. Flying animals is expensive, that's why we intend to take the ferry and drive the rest of the way. At least our dog will be with the people she knows and loves, not shut up in a cage in the back of a van.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.