Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Do i have Mug written on my face

Do i have Mug written on my face

Old Aug 16th 2023, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do i have Mug written on my face

A stray cat has had a litter of 6 kittens in my log store,had no idea they were there but a neigbour saw the mother going in and out,i contacted the municiple vet for my area and was told we do not round up stray cats.i was told to go to the Camara web site which had information as follows.
Gois camara has taken the decision to steralise and chip all cats bought into them inc rabies jabs,sounds good,but you then have to take the cats home with you,also you have to pay upfront and you will get reimbursed for this.some of you might remember that i have a very nasty stray dog named Charlie who will go berserk if we had these cats running around our garden.what would you do as i have drawn a blank with the rescue centres in my area.
Old Aug 16th 2023, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do i have Mug written on my face

Yes but look at their sweet little faces
Old Aug 16th 2023, 4:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If you have mug written on your face, I probably do too.

We have trapped around 10 cats over the years and taken them to a vet for a health check and either vaccination or to be put down if they were too ill to recover.

The ones that were treated and we took home proved to be determinedly feral and despite months of trying refused to be tamed. We eventually released them on our property hoping they would hang around, and accept continuing food and shelter, but within a couple of days had taken off and we never saw them again.

In the case of kittens once they are weaned (about six weeks), you have a couple of months to socialize them, or find them a home with someone who will socialize them, otherwise they will become feral like (I assume) their mother.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 16th 2023 at 4:51 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble is that shelters are all at capacity. We found a puppy dumped on the side of the road about 4/5 years ago and ended up making several large donations to a shelter to ensure he was taken in. We couldn't keep him as we travel too much.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

santaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond reputesantaanita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shanorme
The trouble is that shelters are all at capacity. We found a puppy dumped on the side of the road about 4/5 years ago and ended up making several large donations to a shelter to ensure he was taken in. We couldn't keep him as we travel too much.
the problem in my area of Gois is that is does not have a shelter they just want to have them neutered and return them to you,i have to be brutaly honest as this goes against our nature but if this is the only way i will have all 7 which includes the mother neutered and then let them loose to look after themselves.we for many years with stray dogs taken in have forgone holidays and trips back to UK and at our time of life we have things we want to do.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Shanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond reputeShanorme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by santaanita
the problem in my area of Gois is that is does not have a shelter they just want to have them neutered and return them to you,i have to be brutaly honest as this goes against our nature but if this is the only way i will have all 7 which includes the mother neutered and then let them loose to look after themselves.we for many years with stray dogs taken in have forgone holidays and trips back to UK and at our time of life we have things we want to do.
You can only do what you can do. Neutered/spayed is a good step better than breeding and producing a larger problem.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

just a thought wonder what would happen if i released them in El Presidente garden wonder how he would solve the problem,
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

our vet has just quoted the price they have agreed with the Camara
chip
rabies
neuter if all femails x7 110 eUros ) 770 euros which i have to pay and get reinbursed by the Camara.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

chip
rabies
neuter if all femails x7 110 eUros ) 770 euros which i have to pay and get reinbursed by the Camara.
Ouch.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Ouch.
ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO A CAMARA WORKER PUT A STONE THRU MY CAR WINDSCREEN WITH HIS STRIMMER,CAMARA ACEPTED THIS AND TOLD ME TO SEND THEM THE BILL TOOK THEM 3 MONTHS TO RUBBER STAMP THE BILL EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A LOCAL GUY THEY RECOMMENDED ,HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS MONEY TO COME BACK TO ME THIS TIME.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

chip
rabies
ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO A CAMARA WORKER PUT A STONE THRU MY CAR WINDSCREEN WITH HIS STRIMMER,CAMARA ACEPTED THIS AND TOLD ME TO SEND THEM THE BILL TOOK THEM 3 MONTHS TO RUBBER STAMP THE BILL EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A LOCAL GUY THEY RECOMMENDED ,HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS MONEY TO COME BACK TO ME THIS TIME.
I rather suspect you won't get it back.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Góis City Council, following the recommendations of Law No. 27/2016, of 23 August, which favors sterilization as a way of controlling the population of stray animals, promotes a new Free Sterilization Campaign for pets, which will run from 1 August until 30 September 2021, surgical interventions were carried out at the Medical-Veterinary Service Center in the region.

As in the sterilization campaign carried out last year, the sterilization of dogs and cats is 100% reimbursed by the Municipality, with the Municipality of Góis also assuming the remaining costs, including mandatory rabies vaccination ( dogs ), electronic identification ( microchip ) of the animal and registration in the SIAC database.

This sterilization campaign covers only residents residing in the municipality of Góis. Registration for the sterilization campaign is carried out by filling out the document available at the Balcão Único in the Municipality of Góis, in the Parish Councils / Unions of the municipality and in www.cm-gois.pt, and must subsequently be sent to the e-mail address: [email protected], awaiting further contact from the Medical-Veterinary Service Center to schedule the surgery. For more information, interested parties should contact the Góis City Council ( 235 770 110 ).

Registration form - Sterilization campaign 2021
it does say 100% reimbursed fingers crossed
cut and paste from gois website
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 5:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I would worry that there might be a cap to reimbursements per person/family, or per person/family per year.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I would worry that there might be a cap to reimbursements per person/family, or per person/family per year.
On that happy thought i will pour myself a large copo vinho tinto,Nah make that two.
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 5:57 pm

On that happy thought i will pour myself a large copo vinho tinto, Nah make that two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.