Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Deliveries....letting off steam, here.

Deliveries....letting off steam, here.

Old Dec 8th 2019, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deliveries....letting off steam, here.

OK. I've had a refund. Apperently the package was "lost in transit"- I just don't believe it!!!!
Now we have no proper granny & grandad slippers and I'm running out of knickers. BRT- you suck.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam
Friday is the new Thursday.......

The BEST delivery I had was from Worten when they delivered our new washing machine (a Samsung eco-bubble) from the Algarve. We paid and arranged delivery late on a Tuesday, they said they were "Not sure that next day delivery would be possible", but that it would definitely be with us by Thursday PM. "Yeah, yeah", I thought...... and gave them our mobile number, address, GPS coords, etc. on a Google map they brought up in store.

Thursday AM, a white van came honking along the dirt track which passes our house. The delivery people, a couple, apologised for not phoning but said that they were heading up the IC1 towards Grandola and out GPS coords showed us so close that they thought it better to drop our delivery first! They unpacked and installed the machine and loaded our old one - after checking whether they could get it working again for us! All done and dusted in about 35 minutes - and SWMBO was using it within the hour.

So it CAN be done.........

PS- the kicker to the story is that we saw the same machine on sale in Peter Jones whilst back in the UK - and it was a lot more expensive there!!
Wortons are great on delivery and service Macliam We have had similar service from them..going out of their way to deliver items asap.... When OH destroyed my brand new Kenwood chef blender,( part of the 'package' of Mixer and attachments we had just bought from them) by sticking a potato masher in it whilst it was rotating... and he an engineer ) They had a new one at the shop in Portimão within two days... Yes it is absolutely possible to have an efficient service ,thats what makes this so incredible annoying
Old Dec 9th 2019, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
I live in very rural Abruzzo- couriers pretend our address is wrong to save themselves the effort of driving up here. Usually they'll phone and we advise them to leave parcels at the local bar; which they're happy to do but not even a phone call this time. getting a refund will be easy but I wanted the items not a refund.
I feel your pain... I have given up on Amazon ever being able to deliver the kindle I have now ordered twice... Once in May, again in July. I am collecting their apology emails..I have six thus far. Telling me they are 'trying to deliver my kindle' but that I always have the option of cancelling my order.' I did the first time, then re-ordered from Amazon UK.. Got the same email from them .Won't give them the satisfaction of cancelling this one.. Will see just how long they are willing to send out these electronic mails. My guess is that it effects their accounting system if I cancel and not them
Old Dec 9th 2019, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could say the same for our local Worten.Took them 3 attempts over 10 days to deliver our dishwasher from the branch about 10kms away. Only got it when OH had to go out and meet them at a supermarket car park couple of kms down on the main road. On the other hand we have had deliveries from abroad with no problem at all.(SEUR)
Old Dec 9th 2019, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

Delivery man made it to my neighbors place and asked if he was me; he told them where to go and asked the driver if he had my number.
Driver looked at the parcel; my second address line is TM926******
Yes, it worked.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Joshua1995 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diddion
dpd........Two deliveries, one of which has been returned to the UK because it ‘was not possible to deliver ‘. I was not informed, it was the seller who told me. A second, today. I remained at home for the delivery slot, and since then have also been told, effectively, that we do not exist. I am astonished and dismayed at what seems to me to be monumental incompetence. They have one job to do, so why don’t they do it properly?
Algarve Removals now offered UK shopping and you can collect from many shops along the Algarve ,
Old Dec 16th 2019, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Diddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joshua1995

Algarve Removals now offered UK shopping and you can collect from many shops along the Algarve ,

For those who live in England - not everyone lives in London.
For those who live in Portugal - not everyone lives in the Algarve!!!

From the central region, it would take me 3.5 hours to drive there. Is there anyone offering such a service in the Tomar or Coimbra region?

Last edited by Diddion; Dec 16th 2019 at 11:54 am.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Joshua1995 is an unknown quantity at this point

From the central region, it would take me 3.5 hours to drive there. Is there anyone offering such a service in the Tomar or Coimbra region?

Very true , however you can order stuff to their depot with your reference number on. for example, I ordered 4x Velux roof windows and 4x flashing kits straight from the supplier to their warehouse. I've also ordered stuff such as Dyson Handheld Vacs and NEXT Home stuff.

I'm sure if you give them a call, they might be able to make a stop nearby when their lorry on its journey.

The only companies I know of are Algarve Express, Algarve Removals but im based in the south. There is also a Facebook group called 'White van man courier network directory uk and europe' in which you can post what you need delivering and if a courier has space left on a journey they will quote you.

Hope this helps
Old Dec 16th 2019, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously doubt the transport would divert unless you have a major delivery. It might seem easy, but it isn't.

But give them a call and ask, because you never know.

Anyway, it probably all ends in 6 weeks.
I wish there was similar services from other countries; France, Germany, Netherlands all have good internet shopping with competitive prices, but terrible shipping beyond their borders [or just refusal to post to here].

I can't even buy simple things like screws here, except for the most common types.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Well said
Old Feb 13th 2020, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Diddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond reputeDiddion has a reputation beyond repute

So far this year, I have had more steam generation. The first was a package of special seeds sent from the U.K., and probably of no interest to anyone. This has disappeared into the Ether; the seed company was very good at providing a refund (and told me to keep the seeds if they did arrive).

For the second event, an Amazon delivery, I received a message on Sunday saying delivery would be the next day, and I selected redelivery to a pickup place (30km away) When I went, on Tuesday, guess where it was? On a van, having failed to be redelivered to our house because we were out.

Finally, today I received a message from ctt about a delivery today, with a link offering alterations. However, Their website informed me that it was not possible to change that package’s delivery.

I think that the incompetence of courier services approaches an art form.

Old Feb 13th 2020, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

16 deliveries been made to our new house in the past 3 months, all done without issue apart from one who said they had tried to deliver but no one was in, we were in all day, it arrived safely the following morning.
My confidence has been improving and I think most courier companies now know who and where we are 😊

Got one parcel intercepted by customs at Lisbon outstanding but should arrive today, hope I haven't spoken too soon 😂😂
Old Feb 13th 2020, 8:29 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

So far this year, I have had more steam generation. The first was a package of special seeds sent from the U.K., and probably of no interest to anyone. This has disappeared into the Ether; the seed company was very good at providing a refund (and told me to keep the seeds if they did arrive).

For the second event, an Amazon delivery, I received a message on Sunday saying delivery would be the next day, and I selected redelivery to a pickup place (30km away) When I went, on Tuesday, guess where it was? On a van, having failed to be redelivered to our house because we were out.

Finally, today I received a message from ctt about a delivery today, with a link offering alterations. However, Their website informed me that it was not possible to change that package’s delivery.

I think that the incompetence of courier services approaches an art form.
I've given up on deliveries to the house - I have a friend with a shop in town, so from now on all deliveries are going to her.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingg
16 deliveries been made to our new house in the past 3 months, all done without issue apart from one who said they had tried to deliver but no one was in, we were in all day, it arrived safely the following morning.
My confidence has been improving and I think most courier companies now know who and where we are 😊

Got one parcel intercepted by customs at Lisbon outstanding but should arrive today, hope I haven't spoken too soon 😂😂

They now tell me that it's to be delivered tomorrow

I put the kiss of death on it, I guess 😅
Old Feb 13th 2020, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dingg
They now tell me that it's to be delivered tomorrow

I put the kiss of death on it, I guess 😅

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.