Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Dacia Sandero STEPWAY auto - anyone bought or buying?

Dacia Sandero STEPWAY auto - anyone bought or buying?

Old Aug 9th 2021, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dacia Sandero STEPWAY auto - anyone bought or buying?

Love, love the Sandero Stepway. We bought ours about 6 years ago new and wish we could have had the auto but they were not producing them for the right hand drive market at that stage. Never a problem with it and none of those annoying gadgets everywhere that other new cars have these days. We reluctantly sold it when we moved to Portugal and turned up at the Sandero showroom in Faro to ask for a new one - 'That'll be a 5 month wait' they said. Clearly news of its value for money has spread. We couldn't wait 5 months unfortunately - but will definitely be buying another Sandero Stepway in the future.
Old Aug 9th 2021, 10:41 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

So is that this year that you were told the five month wait ? For the latest model ?

When was that ? Maybe they have increased production.

I'm surprised , though, that if you like it so much, you weren't prepared to just get a little runabout for the interval while you waited ( maybe the showroom would have given you a deal on a 2nd hand one provided you signed for a new one ?? ) .

Old Aug 10th 2021, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Yes, yes, May this year - and No. Faro area. dealer. No offer of anything for sale or loan in-between - they have a huge waiting list. As for trailing round to other dealers for some 'runaround' - we had just moved countries and were already overwhelmed trying to do residency, Utente, D/L etc. We did not want to get stuck with some car that we didn't want and couldn't sell in a strange country. Of course a Dacia would have been our first choice, but definitely not worth the inconvenience of waiting until October. We are very happy with our new Seat Arona, which was available within weeks!
Old Aug 10th 2021, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

m2m2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are made in Africa I think:

Old Aug 10th 2021, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Could well be - we heard that they are made in Romania, but who knows!
Old Aug 18th 2021, 8:33 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

I gather [ from Youtube ] that there is now ( this September 2021 ) available a new DUSTER, now also available as an automatic ( which I much prefer now ).

SO..............how to decide between the Duster auto and the Stepway auto ?

Old Aug 18th 2021, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

I guess its a personal thing and depends on what you need. I am not keen on the look of the Duster and it looks too big to park easily to me. So I will be sticking with the Stepway next time I get the chance!
Old Aug 19th 2021, 4:44 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

I think the Duster is just taller, isn't it ? Which may give appearance of taking up more room.

Anyway don't they both have parking assist front and rear.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thats an interesting thought - it certainly looks bigger and less attractive to me than the Stepway - a bit like the difference between a racehorse and a carthorse - but as you say, it could just be an optical illusion caused by different bits bolted on to it. I' m not a car person, so definitely not the right person to advise. We bought our Stepway about 6 years ago and it was (then) the top of the range - but automatic was not available and certainly not parking sensors. I'm sure it has changed now. I actually often turn off the sensors on our new car because I just find them distracting. We will definitely be ordering another Stepway in the future - those cars literally skip along. In 6+ years we had no trouble at all with it.