Customs

Old Mar 19th 2023, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Customs

Originally Posted by Score76
In my experience the process is quite straight forward. I regularly buy things from China, Hong Kong and Singapore. If the sender has accounted for EU vat then it doesn't get stopped, it just gets delivered. If not, as long as the sender includes your mobile number or email address somewhere on the package or paperwork you'll receive the notice from CTT to do customs clearance.

You can do that online, here:
https://www.ctt.pt/particulares/rece...r-encomendasIf you don't have an account, create one.
You add the parcel to your account using it's tracking number. You have to give it the right HS code as with any import so customs know what it is and can apply the right level of duty and IVA. Follow the screens through. It asks you to upload the invoice, proof of payment for the invoice and product brochure, I generally upload the same thing three times and have had anything queried. At the end of the process it gives you multibanco details to pay duty/IVA. Once paid the parcel arrived in a few days.

Watch out for expedited shipping, IVA is charged on this but not on standard.
Thanks for that.
Old Mar 20th 2023, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh what a saga!!! Went to Post Office, got some advice. Got home, followed instructions only to find out that it had probably been returned. Went back to Post Office, lost my log in page with details, logged in again it had a different message, something was on it for today. Anyway, the lady at the PO said it had been deactivated - today. She gave us a number, one that you can't find anywhere. We called the number, with an English option yay, and she has now reactivated it and we have 20 days to upload all the information they want. (As far as we are aware, the parcel is still in Lisbon). Fingers crossed on that one. Oh and they sent another letter on the 6th March which we also never received!

Anyway, my husband is filling out the online form with a view to uploading details. There is steam coming from his drectiion so I don't think it's going well.
Oh and PS. We are not ordering anything from anywhere again!!!!!!
Old Mar 24th 2023, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update - I now have the parcel in my mitt, yay!! We had to be proactive to recieve this, had we not followed it up it would have been returned to the USA on Monday. According to customs they sent two letters of notification and we received neither.
Old Mar 24th 2023, 6:44 pm
Happiest in the sun

Score76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond reputeScore76 has a reputation beyond repute

The recieving the notifications is the bit that falls down in my experience. Once CTT have your email and mobile though the notifications come via email and text and are reliable.

If you're going to buy from sites outside EU, try to find the ones that already charge and account for EU vat. Then there's no customs checks, vat or duty, or delays. I buy quite a bit from AliExpress, things I can't find here. Super cheap, delivery inside 2 weeks if you choose that option. Perhaps others could make suggestions too?
Old Mar 24th 2023, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this tip Score76.
Old Mar 30th 2023, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered an item from UK; the website said they will pay the duty and VAT.
They did that, but I still needed to upload documents (that I didn't have of course) to get the customs clearance.

All life is suffering...
Old Mar 31st 2023, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

J00ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by liveaboard
I ordered an item from UK; the website said they will pay the duty and VAT.
They did that, but I still needed to upload documents (that I didn't have of course) to get the customs clearance.

All life is suffering...

Old Apr 4th 2023, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

I received my item without additional suffering.
Did you get yours, Bon?