COVID protection

Old Oct 19th 2020, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COVID protection

Originally Posted by liveaboard
There seem to be 2 realities with no room between them;
It's a deadly virus that will kill untold numbers unless we all hunker down.
OR
It's a heap of hype, just a severe flu that kills a few more people than other flus.
And for some mysterious reason known only to themselves, certain powers want to use it to control the population and destroy the economy.

I would point out that persons who have spent a decade or more studying this sort of thing [epidemiologists] are overwhelmingly of the first opinion, while those that postulate the second are mostly politicians and journalists who finally wrote something they can sell.

Most of the people here who refuse to believe it's a serious problem are in the tourism industry.
Then again, most people here are in the tourism industry.

We are not traveling, shopping carefully with gloves and industrial mask [not those cheapo surgical rectangles], only socialize briefly, outdoors at a 3 meter distance, preferably with a stiff cross wind.
People who think bad things don't happen to them have never had bad things happen to them; but we all know bad things will happen to someone.
We have the mayor of Greater Manchester refusing to follow guidance from the Govenrment of going into the top Tier of lockdown. That's a great message to send to his people - don't bother! This is an area that not long ago had several illegal rave parties which Burnham it seems, did nothing about, now the infection rate is soaring there. It's so depressing. I am also taking care of myself. I've gone back to click and collect to keep out of the supermarkets. I went to go into a shop last week and the aisles were chock-a-block with people, I didn't go in.
Old Oct 19th 2020, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by riv
Is there anyone with actual personal experience of having ( confirmed, not just suspected ) the Virus ? And if so what symptoms did they experience ?

If you are hospitalized in Portugal ( not a private facility ) do you get put in a great ward with a dozen other patients ?

I think in France they are proud they abolished the whole mad idea of 'WARDS' decades ago.
3 relatives in the UK have had a positive test for cv19, 2 had only loss of smell and taste 1 had loss of smell and taste plus aches and pains.

All relatively young, mid 40s.

Apparently the pcr test shows many false positives and that may be one of the reasons for the jump in cases, who really knows??
Old Oct 19th 2020, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

There may be false positives [or just positives of asymptomatic patients]; but the hospitalization rate is driven by people being seriously sick, and those numbers are reliable.
Hospitalization for covid in Portugal is rising rapidly, VERY rapidly, and is nearly back up to the high point from April.

Old Oct 19th 2020, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
Hospitalization for covid in Portugal is rising rapidly, VERY rapidly, and is nearly back up to the high point from April.

There is a treatment available on a managed access programme, patients need to know about it though as well as physicians it's labelled SNG001

Old Oct 21st 2020, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting when the 3 Camara people came to do the vistoria yesterday.............no gloves, masks yes.
Piddling down with rain at the time...........amazed didnt check anything other than that the rooms all existed and in the correct place according top the plan.

All in 10 mins or maybe less.and YES it passed...... a License will be issued.
The beers are on me !!!!!
Old Oct 21st 2020, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever
Interesting when the 3 Camara people came to do the vistoria yesterday.............no gloves, masks yes.
Piddling down with rain at the time...........amazed didnt check anything other than that the rooms all existed and in the correct place according top the plan.

well done! Panic over. If you are anywhere near Lagos I would take you up on that beer šŸŗ, especially as I still havenā€™t found a Portuguese red wine to suit my taste. Trust me - Iā€™ve tried LOTS...
Old Oct 21st 2020, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportpix
well done! Panic over. If you are anywhere near Lagos I would take you up on that beer šŸŗ, especially as I still havenā€™t found a Portuguese red wine to suit my taste. Trust me - Iā€™ve tried LOTS...
LOL.funny you should say that, I am of the same opinion, tried 00s over the years, only one ever thought was sort of OK to my pallet, Reguenos I think it ois Red and the reserva.
But what I have found the trick to taking that orrible edge, Porto wines have is to open, pour into a jug, whisk air into it for 5 mins, put back into bottle and leave for 10 days at room temp.......its just about drinkable then. Most people thonk I am mad buy it works for me, tother way is to use it is spag bol.....LOL
I am not too far away from you, will message you.
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wellinever

Congratulations!! - what a relief !
Old Oct 28th 2020, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Famous last words with me !!!
So today I go to collect he Habitation license and associated docs for the Modelo1 IMI, to take to the Finances for calculation of the IMI for the future.
All docs signed and messing about in the Council and I really wanted to get out, so took all docs as presented to me.
Get home and start to copy to laptop and on opening up the house plan from the project, see a swimming pool shown on the plan !!
Well ther was a pool on the first project but I decided not to include one during construction and so it was removed from the project by approved alteration.
So there is no pool there.
Reading the license I now see that I have a habitation license for a house with pool !!

Quick talk to the architect who says,,,,,,yes this sometimes happens when the camara just look at the original project and forget to look at the final one!!!
So what to do??
Of course this might seem all very good but of course a swimming pool will have an impact on the house valuation and therefore IMI........but on the other hand if I leave it as is, I guess that I could just build a pool at a later date without asking the council as the License already includes a pool !!!

But of course this could have legal issues down the line when I sell a house with a License that includes a pool but there isnt one !!!

So email to lawyer to ask his advice...will I ever get this house done and dusted,,,,,,bought plot in Oct 2016 and did not hang about with any of the process !!!

I should have done a video diary of this it would be entertaining to say the least
Old Oct 28th 2020, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Wellinever wrote - Reading the license I now see that I have a habitation license for a house with pool !!

Old Oct 28th 2020, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

exactly my thoughts rambling