Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

COVID NOW in Algarve and Lisbon ?

COVID NOW in Algarve and Lisbon ?

Old Sep 28th 2020, 5:05 pm
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute
Default COVID NOW in Algarve and Lisbon ?

Anyone care to venture info / opinion on Covid level of threat now in Algarve and Lisbon ?

Stats or anecdotal : all would be of interest.

Old Sep 28th 2020, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COVID NOW in Algarve and Lisbon ?

Originally Posted by riv
Anyone care to venture info / opinion on Covid level of threat now in Algarve and Lisbon ?

Stats or anecdotal : all would be of interest.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Loafing Along Can you tell me please where you got that link from. I would like it for Silves. Thank you.

riv Algarve wins over Lisbon but we are are less populated and congested.

Last edited by Sunseeker1st; Sep 29th 2020 at 9:08 am.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 9:02 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

riv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond reputeriv has a reputation beyond repute

I did not post the above. No knowledge as to why ' riv ' figures in the post.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
Loafing Along Can you tell me please where you got that link from. I would like it for Silves. Thank you.

riv Algarve wins over Lisbon but we are are less populated and congested.
It is published by our local town hall. No idea if Silves does the same
Old Sep 29th 2020, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

riv Apologies. I saw a map when I posted but gobblydegook appeared! You had asked for stats between Algarve and Lisbon. Have you looked here, they give a daily breakdown ...

https://www.sulinformacao.pt/

Old Sep 29th 2020, 9:29 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

These things happen.

I am trying to get a sense of how things sort of ARE at the moment in both Eastern Algarve and Lisbon ( which I might visit from Alg. depending ).
I.e. is there any sense of things having got worse over the last few weeks? Are restaurants all fully open now, albeit with distancing and whatnot ? Museums and galleries ditto ?

Atmosphere in super and mini markets ? My local Algartalhos ( last seen in Feb) used to be very cramped with hardly any room between shelves to move..............has that all been changed or do they limit numbers in the shop at any one time or how does that all work now ?

Tbh I would like to visit my place again ( Altura) and I need to try to sort a practical issue, but I am also wondering how to factor in the risk of contracting Covid, esp. with the added complications, were that to happen, of needing treatment in Algarve.

Old Sep 29th 2020, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I really can't answer your specific questions but I don't find anything an issue here ... I certainly would not venture anywhere near Lisbon. There are some issues in Eastern Algarve at the moment ... you can read these things on Sul Informacao which they have an English version if you prefer. Just read the daily reports.

In general I think you are pretty safe IF you follow the rules ... masks in enclosed places (except when eating/drinking in bars/restaurants, 2 meter distance and personal hygiene. I am not concerned here and I am in the "at risk" situation. You have to be sensible for your own peace of mind.

In my opinion, Portuguese obey rules better than the British.

More reading ...

ttps://www.safecommunitiesportugal.com/major-incident-coronavirus-2019-ncov/?fbclid=IwAR0TxEEBHnC1v92W4XeLwGvQD2zDA1RLlk06go7p KyHiMYtSJqx26X3xrTI

Old Sep 29th 2020, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I really can't answer your specific questions but I don't find anything an issue here ... I certainly would not venture anywhere near Lisbon. There are some issues in Eastern Algarve at the moment ... you can read these things on Sul Informacao which they have an English version if you prefer. Just read the daily reports.

In general I think you are pretty safe IF you follow the rules ... masks in enclosed places (except when eating/drinking in bars/restaurants, 2 meter distance and personal hygiene. I am not concerned here and I am in the "at risk" situation. You have to be sensible for your own peace of mind.

In my opinion, Portuguese obey rules better than the British.

More reading ...

ttps://www.safecommunitiesportugal.com/major-incident-coronavirus-2019-ncov/?fbclid=IwAR0TxEEBHnC1v92W4XeLwGvQD2zDA1RLlk06go7p KyHiMYtSJqx26X3xrTI
This daily update appears in the Portuguese press : https://postal.pt/saude/2020-09-28-D...penas-com-sete
Old Sep 29th 2020, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Loafing Along

Thank you very much for that link, very good useful information. But where did you get that graphic?

Old Sep 29th 2020, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute

This is official PT site with graphs and stats;
https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-d...l-em-portugal/

Lots of cases, few deaths, hospitalization rate moderate. We're having a second wave for sure.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along

Thank you very much for that link, very good useful information. But where did you get that graphic?
Off the Town hall Tavira website/ FB page
Old Sep 29th 2020, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Off the Town hall Tavira website/ FB page
Thank you.

Old Sep 30th 2020, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

chislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond reputechislenko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liveaboard
This is official PT site with graphs and stats;
https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-d...l-em-portugal/

Lots of cases, few deaths, hospitalization rate moderate. We're having a second wave for sure.
Must admit really fancied a break (not been to PT since March) but the "sensible me" tells me to leave it until early next year and see how things are going by then. The place is not getting a lot of use this year!!
Old Sep 30th 2020, 7:51 am
riv
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chislenko
Must admit really fancied a break (not been to PT since March) but the "sensible me" tells me to leave it until early next year and see how things are going by then. The place is not getting a lot of use this year!!
Oh,
I had the impression you were resident mostly in Portugal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.