Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Covid Inoculation

Covid Inoculation

Old Jun 22nd 2021, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice
Default Re: Covid Inoculation

Thank you wellinever I was meaning under the new Over 70 Priority System since 17 June when you don't need appointment.

I have been in the system for some 15 years. Guess I was never notified as I don't use SNS GPs.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
Thank you wellinever I was meaning under the new Over 70 Priority System since 17 June when you don't need appointment.

I have been in the system for some 15 years. Guess I was never notified as I don't use SNS GPs.
Sunseeker - not sure what stage you are at in waiting for notification. Have you actually asked for vaccination? Here is the link, active at the moment, to make an appointment - though you can just turn up at your local vaccination centre if you prefer to do it that way. The route via appointment DOES need for you to have a phone which receives text messages.
https://covid19.min-saude.pt/pedido-de-agendamento/
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Rambling archer Thank you for responding. We have not applied for various reasons, one disability, and it would be easier for us to do a walk in. Just want to know if the walk-in priority system works and is quick, ie, seen immediately.

Old Jun 25th 2021, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

We did Open House at Silves yesterday and got Pfizer, go back for 2nd on 22 July. Must go between 3pm and 6pm.

Old Jun 25th 2021, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond reputeRambling archer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunseeker1st
We did Open House at Silves yesterday and got Pfizer, go back for 2nd on 22 July. Must go between 3pm and 6pm.
Excellent - well done. Good to know it works that way ...
Old Jul 5th 2021, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Another update from the good folk at Safe Communities on Facebook for those waiting for second AstaZ jab ... Hope this helps?

=AZV9XLQ-5Bc1A6au5bCg-Q5IQfeJ_h2EK-BTJcBTi7qOfZQg5WUATfsSI2f4Ed_sLEyOxGKAtBgzML2oE86P imqEkd2j3XqFgPQLDP8bL-AV9w3fkFGID109_yw7RHXcRm3DBFqBgPU4sgtnuQhuXE_kNeJ8 H1o8_MrU_vKT09U0xA9IxHD9ZrGqx3KdFzOryoA&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R]Safe Communities Portugal

tm2Shaponsormed ·
ASTRA ZENECA VACCINE: LIST WITH THE SCHEDULES OF THE VACCINATION CENTERS TO TAKE THE SECOND DOSE AT NATIONAL LEVEL.
The next slot, THOSE VACCINATED BETWEEN APRIL 26TH AND MAY 16TH, can go to the vaccination centers FROM 5 TO 11TH JULY
The two doses of the vaccines MUST BE ADMINISTERED AT THE SAME VACCINATION CENTER and there is no provision for the possibility of people taking the second dose in a different vaccination center.
Users should consult the respective schedule locally
Smaller vaccination centers are not open on weekends and many also not open on all days of the week. So THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN VACCINATED WITH THE FIRST DOSE OF ASTRAZENECA BEFORE APRIL 25TH may have not yet been able to get it at their local vaccination center look also for your vaccination center schedule on the link that we provide bellow.
We have found a List of vaccination centers and schedules as on the official SNS page, PLEASE CHECK HERE: https://covid19.min-saude.pt/antecipacao-das-2a-doses-de...
Update info also on our website https://www.safecommunitiesportugal.com/.../covid-19.../...
Old Jul 7th 2021, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

I had my first AZ jab on 3 May. Can I just go down to the vax center and get done again? Would be great to get it out of the way
Old Jul 7th 2021, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sportpix
I had my first AZ jab on 3 May. Can I just go down to the vax center and get done again? Would be great to get it out of the way
Hi SportP - hope the leg will get you down to the Vacc centre? You will look impressive turning up in the wheelchair !!
Having had one jab (in this case the AstraZ) the follow up jab needs to be suitable and they may not have the correct one in stock if you just turn up!
The previous long 12 weeks for the AstraZ second dose has been reduced to 8 weeks so you should be due for the revised timing, and that is what my above post was all about - follow the links in that and you have til 11th July to go down there and see what they can do for you as a AstraZ first-jabbed.

Last edited by Rambling archer; Jul 7th 2021 at 10:03 am. Reason: forgot a bit ...
Old Jul 7th 2021, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling archer
Hi SportP - hope the leg will get you down to the Vacc centre? You will look impressive turning up in the wheelchair !!
Having had one jab (in this case the AstraZ) the follow up jab needs to be suitable and they may not have the correct one in stock if you just turn up!
The previous long 12 weeks for the AstraZ second dose has been reduced to 8 weeks so you should be due for the revised timing, and that is what my above post was all about - follow the links in that and you have til 11th July to go down there and see what they can do for you as a AstraZ first-jabbed.
Many thanks RA. Planning to push myself down there tomorrow and see what happens. Would be great to get it over and done with. Back to portimao hospital next week for another procedure. Can’t bare the thought 😩
Old Jul 8th 2021, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks RA. Planning to push myself down there tomorrow and see what happens. Would be great to get it over and done with. Back to portimao hospital next week for another procedure. Can’t bare the thought 😩
Hope all goes well
Old Jul 8th 2021, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hope all goes well
It did go well. The push down in the wheelchair was a bit of a slog, especially as the footpath on on the the roads near the vac place is in disrepair due to construction. The ramp up from ground level was also a slog, but as I’ve gotten fat sitting in this wheelchair I was glad of the workout. Once I’d finally wheeled myself to the back of the de one jab queue a nice lady in a uniform came out and spotted my and waved me up to the front of the queue and inside. And even then I went to the front of the area where people were sat waiting and five minutes later it was all done. The longest part was the wait after to see if I’d keel over. I took an Uber back so as not to aggravate the injection area.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

It did go well. The push down in the wheelchair was a bit of a slog, especially as the footpath on on the the roads near the vac place is in disrepair due to construction. The ramp up from ground level was also a slog, but as I’ve gotten fat sitting in this wheelchair I was glad of the workout. Once I’d finally wheeled myself to the back of the de one jab queue a nice lady in a uniform came out and spotted my and waved me up to the front of the queue and inside. And even then I went to the front of the area where people were sat waiting and five minutes later it was all done. The longest part was the wait after to see if I’d keel over. I took an Uber back so as not to aggravate the injection area.
That is a lesson for us all - turn up in a wheelchair and get served first ... at last you have found something positive with that busted leg!!! Well done and we can hope the physical exercise down dodgy pavements and up ramps has done you more good than harm? You probably need a good rest now and get yourself geared up for the hospital next week!
Old Jul 8th 2021, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

That is a lesson for us all - turn up in a wheelchair and get served first ... at last you have found something positive with that busted leg!!! Well done and we can hope the physical exercise down dodgy pavements and up ramps has done you more good than harm? You probably need a good rest now and get yourself geared up for the hospital next week!
I have no idea what I would have done without the help and support from people on this forum. I am in debt to many. Thank you all 👍