British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Covid Booster 2023 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/covid-booster-2023-a-949160/)

wellinever Sep 2nd 2023 4:03 am

Covid Booster 2023

Does anyone know if SNS is rolling out a covid booster, maybe combined with seasonal Flu this year?

BillBullock Sep 2nd 2023 4:07 am

Re: Covid Booster 2023

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13213131)
Does anyone know if SNS is rolling out a covid booster, maybe combined with seasonal Flu this year?

Yes, according to AFPOP and Safe Communities Portugal, second half of September.

wellinever Sep 2nd 2023 8:05 pm

Thnks for that

Rambling archer Sep 2nd 2023 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by BillBullock (Post 13213132)
Yes, according to AFPOP and Safe Communities Portugal, second half of September.

Excellent - thanks for that news!

Shanorme Sep 4th 2023 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by BillBullock (Post 13213132)

Thank you - do you know if that (the Covid booster) is for everyone or only for certain age groups?

BillBullock Sep 4th 2023 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Shanorme (Post 13213629)
Thank you - do you know if that (the Covid booster) is for everyone or only for certain age groups?

Initially it will be for the vulnerable groups and the over 60s I believe.

Shanorme Sep 4th 2023 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by BillBullock (Post 13213638)
Initially it will be for the vulnerable groups and the over 60s I believe.

Thanks.

Red Eric Sep 23rd 2023 6:50 am

Looks like the bulk of the vaccinations will be administered by pharmacies which have volunteered themselves for this season's campaign - so different to last and previous year, where only the SNS did the Covid vaccination and you waited to be called. This time, we need to register an interest at one of the participating pharmacies, either in person or via a platform.

Anyone over 60 can have both the flu and Covid vaccines administered at the same time. Stocks already reported as being short for the start of the campaign but should improve shortly. 29th Sept seems to be when the starting pistol is fired for actual jabbing.

wellinever Sep 23rd 2023 6:43 pm

Thnks Eric, better trot down town to register today. Maybe with both chemists mentioned just in case supplies are in short supply.

ouriquejan Sep 23rd 2023 7:03 pm

Looks like we'll be waiting for the phone call or text.

Not a chemist in Ourique is listed and only one in Castro Verde, which will, no doubt, already have a full list.

Red Eric Sep 23rd 2023 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by ouriquejan (Post 13217664)
Looks like we'll be waiting for the phone call or text.

Not a chemist in Ourique is listed and only one in Castro Verde, which will, no doubt, already have a full list.

Don't hold your breath, Jan.

According to the Diario de Noticias, citing publication of a norma by the government, only pharmacies will handle the over 60s, whilst the SNS will vacinate the under 60s with health conditions which put them at risk, and various other special categories.

morro Sep 23rd 2023 8:48 pm

Where is the list for Tavira?

BillBullock Sep 23rd 2023 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by morro (Post 13217671)
Where is the list for Tavira?

Use the "via a platform" link that Red Eric posted.

BillBullock Sep 23rd 2023 9:33 pm

Thanks Red Eric. I have booked our appointments in Olhão online using your link.

ouriquejan Sep 23rd 2023 9:58 pm

Thanks for that Red Eric.

I've just booked us both in for Castro Verde on Friday 29th. Just hope they have them by then

ouriquejan Sep 27th 2023 6:51 am

Wouldn't you know it?

Appointments now re-arranged for Monday, as the vaccines haven't arrived yet.

morro Sep 27th 2023 7:50 am

I have mine on Friday afternoon in Tavira amazing!!

liveaboard Sep 27th 2023 7:01 pm

No supply yet to our local pharmacy but we're on the list and they'll phone us when they get it.

"Are you over 60?" she asked.
"Unfortunately." I replied.

We always get our flu shots there so we know they will really call.

ouriquejan Oct 2nd 2023 7:56 am

All done and dusted.

Very nice and very pleasant young lady at the farmacia. Went through all the normal stuff, the only wobble was himself who had a tetanus booster a month ago, but all okay. Never been asked that one before.

Red Eric Oct 2nd 2023 8:10 am

Originally Posted by ouriquejan (Post 13219242)
All done and dusted.[...]

:thumbup:

Got ours lined up for Friday :)

ouriquejan Oct 2nd 2023 3:21 pm

Slightly sore and heavy arms, but nothing to worry about.

wellinever Oct 2nd 2023 6:14 pm

Heavy jabber at local chemist yesterday, one in each arm.(Cov+Flu)
Oddly everyone waiting in line was a Brit !! Maybe cause it was before 11am

liveaboard Oct 3rd 2023 12:20 am

They probably made all the British appointments at the same time, so the times were also at a similar time.

Ours is this afternoon.

morro Oct 3rd 2023 1:32 am

I had my 2 jabs on friday.
When I printed my certificate it said 1/2
My last one said 4/4, so I thought it would be 5/5.
Any comments?

wellinever Oct 3rd 2023 2:03 am

Originally Posted by liveaboard (Post 13219333)
They probably made all the British appointments at the same time, so the times were also at a similar time.

Ours is this afternoon.

Nah, used the app each person had booked date and time themselves.

wellinever Oct 11th 2023 3:09 am

Originally Posted by morro (Post 13219346)
I had my 2 jabs on friday.
When I printed my certificate it said 1/2
My last one said 4/4, so I thought it would be 5/5.
Any comments?

Yes just seen that my current vaccine certificate shows 4/4 with last one done on 2nd Oct this year.

wellinever Oct 17th 2023 11:51 pm

How many Covid jabs have individuals had since this all started. That is to say the full number for over 65s incl the latest one.
I have had all jabs done inc the recent booster and my SNS record shows 4/4, bit I seem to think it should be 5/5.....can anyone confirm which it should be?

Red Eric Oct 18th 2023 6:42 pm

Is the entire history relevant any more? :unsure:

liveaboard Oct 19th 2023 10:15 pm

Yes;
The new vaccine is tailored for the latest strains, but the old ones are still in circulation.
The early vaccines immunized us against those.

Red Eric Oct 20th 2023 1:29 am

I meant in terms of being able to demonstrate it, for those who are concerned that it's not showing up on their latest certificate, as opposed to whether the vaccination itself had served any purpose.

For those whose latest certificates aren't showing what they think they should, have you tried looking at your vaccination record on the SNS24 site? If so, is that consistent with your full history or is it the same as the certificate?

wellinever Oct 21st 2023 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Red Eric (Post 13222186)
Is the entire history relevant any more? :unsure:

Maybe not on the face of it, but my query is about how many the SNS records should show.
My latest Covid record shows the latest booster in Oct 2023, it shows the vaccine used and it says its 4/4
But my GPs records (and they are all supposed to be the same) does not show the latest jab, so they keep asking me if I want another.
So I am clear that I have had all jabs over last 3 years and thought that it should now be 5/5 (incl Oct 2023)
But in any event if this all starts up again, and certs are again needed, it might become important that any certificate shows the correct number from the start..
Anyone confirm how many it should show given all jabs have been taken up to this years Oct booster?

Red Eric Oct 21st 2023 1:57 am

Did you look online at what it says on your account in the SNS24 portal?

And did you have any jabs in the UK, as opposed to in PT?

Yes, I've got top marks on my certificate - 5/5 :)

wellinever Oct 21st 2023 2:38 am

Exactly, I thought I had had 5 with this latest one,
Yes I did have one in the UK, in Oct 21.
That one I got registered with my GP nurse in PT, I remember it well because the UK did not call it Cominarty, but Pizer. So I had to supply the ticket I got from UK that actually said in small letters Cominarty and that was then accepted by the nurse. It was put into the system and it called it a PT jab, the resulting certificate showed the correct jab date and it was at 2/2 at that time.
Have to see if I can get this sorted out for the GP records. But with the current cert showing 4/4 and that last jab in Oct this year, I can see this will be difficult to do.

Checked my NHS app online and it shows 4/4 but that does not include the one done in Oct 2023 cause I have not been back to UK to update the UK record.
But I had informed them of all of the others done in PT, so in effect UK would now show 5/5 when I update them

Red Eric Oct 21st 2023 5:04 am

Yes, but have you looked at your PT records on the SNS Portal? There's a section for vaccination history there and if you had 4 jabs in PT and one in the UK which was added to your PT record, it should probably be showing 5 jabs.

wellinever Oct 21st 2023 6:16 pm

Yes, I mentioned earlier that I had looked at SNS24. There, my record shows 4/4. and that includes the jab this month with the Cominarty Omicron xbb 1.5 vacs,
That can only mean that the previous certificate (of course I no longer have) could only have showed 3/3.
But I do have a record of all covid certificates downloaded to my PC.
That shows the last one I downloaded had on it 3/3 and included the last jab received at the time was 30/10/2021

I cant remember if there was any jabs given in 2022??? I am suspecting there were, in which case its that that isn`t listed

Red Eric Oct 21st 2023 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by wellinever (Post 13222849)
Yes, I mentioned earlier that I had looked at SNS24. There, my record shows 4/4. and that includes the jab this month with the Cominarty Omicron xbb 1.5 vacs,[...]

Sorry to harp on about this but I think we're at slight cross purposes (unless I'm mis-reading, which is perfectly possible).

When you say you looked at SNS24 and it showed 4/4, do you mean you generated a certificate, or did you sign in and look at Os meus registos / Boletins / Boletim de vacinas and scroll down to Covid-19? It doesn't show in a n/n format there - you get a complete list with dates and the vaccine used. Mine has a blank "card" beween late 2022 and the most recent jab but all 5 that I've had are listed.

wellinever Oct 21st 2023 8:20 pm

Well I have simply looked at the certificate shown. There it shows the date of last jab as 2rd Oct 2023 (which is correct, done in a local farmacia) and that I have had 4/4.
So now I have looked at the links you suggested........ermmmmm a different picture emerges.
It shows the following:
09/04/2021 pfizer
07/05/2021 "
30/10/2021 " (done in UK but reg to PT)
21/09/2022 Moderna

So what this does not show is the latest one done on October 2rd 2023, and yet for some reason the certificate clearly states last jab done on 2rd Oct 2023.

Also note that the record for Gripe is not showing the jab I had at same time as last Covid jab in Oct this year.
This looks like the farmacia records have not been sent to SNS (except that the certificate shows my last Covid jab done on 2nd October 2023

Red Eric Oct 22nd 2023 1:10 am

Hmmmmm...... *** scratches head ***

My flu vaccination, done at the same time as the Covid on 6th Oct is showing up. In the absence of either in your case it does sound a bit as though there's a lag in updating somewhere.

I assumed the vaccination certificate was querying the same database the vaccine boletins are referencing but that's possibly not the case judging by your scenario. Maybe it'll flush through eventually?

wellinever Oct 22nd 2023 4:09 am

Me too, Red.
Now to make it even more odd.
So this morning I popped off back to the farmacia that did both Oct jabs (gripe and Covid)
I showed them both the covid/gripe record according to SNS24 (as shown attached) and my currently available vacs certificate.
They both appeared somehow to disregard what they were seeing and so looked on THEIR (farmacia) online record of my Vacs. (didnt know there was such a thing)
It shows that according to their records I had had 3 previous jabs, and this one in Oct made 4...so as far as they are concerned I have had ALL the jabs available (ie 4/4)
Now I am sure that like me you have met with `dogmatic` Portuguese before. Both the Doctor, and the farmacia assistant were insistent, despite they could see that the OCT jabs were both missing from the SNS24 report, that the max I could have had was 4.
I came out without wanting to make a scene.
AFter that I looked again at my Android phone SNS24 app, and went to the section ``boletin`.............ah ah.....looking through the immunisation page on there it clearly shows a record of all 5 jabs and the dates. However when looking closely at the numbers the one before last was listed as 4, and so this latest one should have been called 5, but it isnt, its again called 4.
The Gripe of October this year is also NOT showing.
So there would appear to be a difference in the records between the Android app SNS24 and the SNS24 web pages.
Nevertheless the certificate shown on the SNS24app still shows only 4/4
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...0a4fb06cdb.png