Reload this Page >

Council Tax (IMI) demand 2015

Council Tax (IMI) demand 2015

Old Mar 20th 2015, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

tootlewagon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Council Tax (IMI) demand 2015

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Some do and some have a little. I went in a couple of weeks ago to change address for mail. We moved house in 2013 and I changed the I address but they only changed my husbands so the IMI bill for mine went to our old address. So I wanted to ensure that this year our bills came to our new UK address. Anyway they were very helpful in the financas and by having all the relevant paperwork they understood what I was trying to do.
Just wanted to check what is the "right paperwork"?

Presumably this includes both passports (joint owners), PT fiscal numbers, PT property purchase (notary) deeds, proof of UK address ( utility bills).

Anything I have missed??
Old Mar 20th 2015, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute

It is essential that both owners, not just both passports, are present.

We took fiscal numbers, passports and the usual UK bank ID verification (utility bills and bank statements). I don't recall any attention being paid to the last items but our UK address was already known to the Finanças - we were just un-appointing our Fiscal Rep. If there is a change of UK address they might be more interested.

We definitely didn't have anything relating to the Portuguese property.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

robcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond reputerobcarolyn has a reputation beyond repute

Our bills have arrived in the UK )
Old Mar 21st 2015, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

We found the most essential thing was the piece of paper with our fiscal number on it. It is what has replaced the cards with fiscal numbers on them. For changing address I had that, my old bill from financas with the old address and a bill from the UK with my new address. I also took a bill from our Portuguese address, and my passport. The flat is in both our names but they did not seem worried that it was just me there. Pete had lost the will to live after the long wait and I have to admit I took two tickets - B and I think E going for the one that came up first! I left the spare one by the ticket dispenser as we left for another to pick up. I cannot remember the Portuguese for 'address wrong' and 'new address' but that is all the Portuguese I had.

By the way we haven't received our Property Tax Bills yet.
Old Mar 25th 2015, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

Can you go in with your old bill and ask to pay the new bill as mine hasn't arrived and I won't be in PT at the deadline?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

RichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond reputeRichardHenshall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Council Tax (IMI) demand 2014

Have you got access to your account at the Portal das Finanças and a Portuguese bank account?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

lennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nice

Hi Richard
You are very weel clued up on this subject. I paid ours last year online no problem. I have just dine this years but i am concerned they may not have got the payments. Been on the site but cant fathom out if payments been allocated.
Any input as to how to check would be very much appreciated
Old Mar 25th 2015, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

The allocation of payments usually takes a few days to show on the Portal das Finanças.

Follow these links:

Início > Os Seus Serviços > Consultar > Imóveis > Notas Cobrança > 2014

If you look at the original Portuguese you will see what it says with regard to the Situação. It will in due course change status to show that the invoice has actually been paid. Compare it to last year's which should now say '4 - Paga' (ie status 4, [invoice] paid).

Alternatively look at your Situação Fiscal Integrada and follow the obvious route. If the yellow symbol is still visible there is still something requiring attention.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

lennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nicelennox is just really nice

Thankyou Richard, that is very helpful.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Campanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really niceCampanula is just really nice

Re my question above can you take in old receipt and as to pay new bill and does Financas office take Portuguese card payments. I do have access to the internet but only for one of our bills as i have left the other password at home.I just want to get it over with then I can fill in my Cadastro Predial
Old Mar 30th 2015, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don't know what payment options are available in person at Finanças but assuming you can identify yourself adequately they would be able to provide a copy of the bill or the necessary payment reference & amount, which, if necessary, you could then pay at a Multibanco using your Portuguese card or through your online banking.