Cost of living??

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

PubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cost of living??

1. €300
2. €15-30
3. Gas €25, electricity €25+heating
4. No idea
5. Local produce generally much cheaper than in the UK; imports generally more expensive than in the UK. Currently oranges €0.69 a kilo, strawberries €2 a kilo and good.

Algarve is more expensive than that.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:34 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PubChampion
1. €300
2. €15-30
4. No idea
5. Local produce generally much cheaper than in the UK; imports generally more expensive than in the UK. Currently oranges €0.69 a kilo, strawberries €2 a kilo and good.

Leccy 25 a month??????...let me guess,no pool right?...I pay 80 a month
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

PubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud ofPubChampion has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cleri
No pool.

If I don't use the electric oven, it's more like €15 a month.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

We have no pool and pay 84 per month, we then have a catch up bill on top!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:45 pm
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steppitoe
Do you think the expats on the Algarve are shorting their meters???.............I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steppitoe
Is that €84 without any heating? That is, is it still €84 in the summer?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

steppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of lightsteppitoe is a glorious beacon of light

Is that €84 without any heating? That is, is it still €84 in the summer?
Yes every month by standing order then a catch up bill in April. I know that it will be in excess of 250 euros as that was the quote I had before the winter.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Is there any option of having different suppliers? That is extortionate. Are you sure someone isn't tapping into your supply

G
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:12 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

When I lived in the Algarve,we were paying 60 euros a month and got a catch up bill of 600 euros
It's EDP or nowt
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

When I lived in the Algarve,we were paying 60 euros a month and got a catch up bill of 600 euros
It's EDP or nowt
Yep that is what we paid last year with a catch up of about 750!! No choice but to cough up I am afraid!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:50 pm
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

do you swim nude....
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

nigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nice

no mortgage or rent to pay, so food, electricity, gas, car insurance, local tax, phone/internet etc.

It's not clear if you are one person, or whether you are going to be living in a palatial villa or a studio.

In short you can spend as much as you like or live very cheaply. Not very helfpful, I know. Leave the car out of it, as it depends so much what model (cars, petrol and insurance are quite expensive).

For one person in a 1-bed appartment (Algarve) here are my figures.

Electricity (no gas) E60 a month

Property tax E170 a year.

Condominium fees E700 a year (ouch! but I let the apartment out in high season)

Tel and internet E50 a month (should look for something cheaper but too lazy)

Food - can't quantify. If you live on local produce from the market, life is cheap. A great bag of fruit and veg for E5. Eating out no longer seems so cheap if you think in pounds.

There are all sorts of other expenses. E.g. do you want the occassional trip overseas?

As a rough figure (excluding car expenses) one person could get by on E500 and live pretty comfortably on E1000. All points in between are possible.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Spanish electric was dear, but we only pay 75 €`s for 2 months. (no pool)
Old Apr 4th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

nigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nicenigel.b is just really nice

I forgot to mention: if, like most Brits who settle in Portugal, you never touch alcohol your cost of living will be even lower.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road

1. €300
2. €15-30
4. No idea

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.